Monday, October 17, 2022

On a shelf

 I was very lucky last month to have won some goodies from the Penny Black Blog and this is one of the dies I picked from their wonderful collection of goodies.  I thought there could be a whole bunch of things I could put on the shelf so it would be a great set to go with.  I made my own frame for the sentiment out of dies from another set, but all the rest comes from this set.  

The vases were cut from a piece I had added a bit of paint to a black cardstock.  I thought it made them look like those white old ceramic jugs you see in the antique stores.


  • Penny Black - Autumn Decor dies
  • 49 and Market - 6x8 Vintage artistry In the Leaves paper
  • PPD - Mini stitched squares to make the frame
  • ODBD - Mini tag sentiment stamp

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi, and hope you have a great week ahead.
We are going to get freezing temps the next two nights and wake up to feels like temps in the teens tomorrow, but they tell us this weekend will be in the 70's so that will be perfect!

Connie

13 comments:

April said...

I love this card and the fun dies! Congrats on winning at Penny Black.

Lowcarb team member said...

Congratulations on your win.
This looks great :)

All the best Jan

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

This is fantastic, Connie! Love the way you created the vases and the foliage and flowers are looking great in them. I love it!!

-Soma

Birgit said...

Congratulations on your win, Connie! This card is delightful! Great job making the vases look like antique stone jugs. I can see all sorts of things going on this shelf. Your frame turned out awesome as well!

Donna Phelan said...

This is fabulous! Love that shelf and your pretty vintage ceramic vases! So cool! So many things belong on a shelf lol Have FUN with this!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! There's my birthday card! Yay, I love it! It looks like a real shelf. Very cool dies, Connie. Thank you!

Darlene said...

Well, aren't you the clever crafter!!! This is an awesome card and very clever of you to choose the shelf ... I would have never thought to do that. Looks amazing! Well done my friend!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Congrats on the win. The card is beautiful and I can see how versatile the dies will be xoxo

Donna Ellis said...

Congrats on the PB win, Connie! Well deserved! I LOVE the "oldness" you made for those vases. It's a wonderful card with an amazing design holding fun layers and colors! stay warm this week! hugs, de

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Congratulations on your win. Great company, and great pick of die. It's so adorable; I just know you'll find a lot to put on the shelf. This is a terrific card, and I agree that the glass looks like milk bottles.

Esther Asbury said...

I love those vases with their ceramic look, and your little shelf display is so pretty! It will be fun to see what all you add to your shelf with the different seasons.

Lisa said...

Love, love, love these die cuts and your colors. Super cute card. Congrats on your win.

Debbie said...

oh connie, i LOVE this card, there is just something about it!! congrats on the win, you make the best cards!!

our weather sounds just like yours!!