Sunday, October 30, 2022

Spring to fall

 I had to laugh I was looking through my stamps for something to use for my girlfriends birthday and saw the trees and thought oh I could color these Autumn colors. So off I stamped it and of course started off with the trees then I get down to the bottom half of the card and realize, oh no this is supposed to be a spring scene with all the spring flowers, well I had already made it Autumn on the top half so I just kept going with the oranges for the flowers :)


  • Northwoods 2010 stamp- color w/markers
  • Die cut frame unknown
  • Papercraft inspiration - Greetings stamp

Thanks so much for stopping by, 

Connie

14 comments:

Birgit said...

Spring or fall, your coloring on this image is beautiful! Your friend will love it no matter what season it is.

Lowcarb team member said...

No matter the season, your colouring looks lovely.

Enjoy these last few days of October.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Well, gee, it's very early spring and sometimes foliage starts off different colors... I'll bet your friend won't even think about that little detail. She'll just admire how pretty it is!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation and wow colours xx

April said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the frame. I love the fall colors too.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

Donna Phelan said...

I love this image and I still think it works for a Fall birthday too! I still have several things in bloom here, dahlia, marigold, more morning glories coming up--it's been mild, and so many more! Beautiful scene, there's something about a fence and garden gate on a card! Love it!

Helen Berry said...

Oh wow, you did an amazing job at turning a spring image into an autumn one! I never would have known if you hadn't said. lovely card and bet your friend will love it.

JD/ Jill said...

This is a beautiful card...and until I read what you said about the card...I would never even thought about the color of the flowers. It's looks just fine to me!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love the colors you've used, Connie xoxo

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Autumn scene with the opened welcome gate, and you know, I didn't even notice the flowers or had a spring thought in my head, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

I love this wonderful old Northwoods image. It is a super scene and colored so beautifully too.

Esther Asbury said...

If you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have noticed the "spring flowers." (smile) I think it's perfect the way you colored it up. Way to go getting more mileage out of your stamps!

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely!