Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Star Bright

 The Christmas challenge in my card making group this month was stars.  Now I have little stars above the nativity but other than that my stars are limited but I did find a star ornament for my first card and the second I just cut some stars that went with a sentiment that had a star and some star paper I had.

The first card measures at 5 3/4 x 4 3/4 inches.


  • Hot off the press - Christmas ornaments for colorist, colored w/markers
  • Diamond Press - Happy Holidays stamp, embossed with Altenew Antique Gold embossing powder

The paper and the sentiment came from a cardmaking magazine, I used metallic cardstock to cut the mat to the sentiment and the stars.

  • Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine Issue 176 for paper and sentiment embossed with silver embossing powder
  • Spellbinders - Labels 11 die
  • Poppystamps - Super stars dies
  • Graphix - Metallic cardstock

Well that is two down for this month, need to make 3 more :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

12 comments:

April said...

These are so pretty! Great job on both!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I see plenty of stars on both cards and they're beautiful! Lots of pretty color on the first, and the second more subtle in color, but full of festivity in the paper pattern and the sentiment.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and gorgeous cards, love these Christmas colours together

handmade by amalia said...

I so enjoy your cards, Connie, you are an artist.
Amalia
xo

Donna Phelan said...

These are beautiful! Love the bright colors on your 1st one! And the second one is just as beautiful!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh the first card.. love the collage of all the images wih stars and holly and ribbon and the ornament. Beautifully colored! And such a great idea for the stars on the second. Fantastic cards.

Birgit said...

These are both so pretty! Great job coloring on the first card. So much to love about that card!! I like the sparkle on the second card too. Both are stunning!

Lisa said...

I love the ornament image and your coloring of it. The paper on the second card is gorgeous and the addition of the stars is perfect for embellishing the card.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty Christmas cared!

JD/ Jill said...

Very Pretty Christmas cars!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Cards Connie, love the colourful baubles and gold embossing and love the pale green with the silver, gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Esther Asbury said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards!! (I'm wondering how I got so far behind in viewing your lovely creations, but I think I'm all caught up now!)