Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Thanks

 I managed to finally get my Thanksgiving cards done and out in the mail, sharing a few of them today.

When my hubby and I where on our anniversary trip he surprised me one of the mornings that he had found a scrapbook store an hour away from our hotel and he was taking me there that day, it was a huge store too, so fun to see things in person.  I picked up a paper pack with pretty fall papers and images and used some of them today on these cards. I used a circle punch to cut out the little dots to go around the card out of the same glitter cardstock as the frame was cut out of.


  • Photoplay - Meadows glow, paper and sentiment panel
  • Spellbinders - Romantic Rectangles die
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Floral #3 dies
  • EK Success - Circle punch


Funny thing about this next card is after getting it out in the mail later that day I was cleaning up my craft space and found the sentiment I had for this card under my clear blocks I use to hold things down to dry when gluing things together, so I guess it will have to go for next years cards.



  • Photoplay - Meadows Glow paper, image and butterfly sticker
  • PPD - Stitched Postage stamp rectangle
This last card I used an image from Graphics Fairy clipart, it was a little dark so I hoped adding some lighter paper to it would brighten it a little.



  • Graphics Fairy - digital image clipart
  • My Favorite Things - Cross-stitch Rectangle die
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Foliage die & Metallic sticker sentiment
I would like to share my card with the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamps Thanks Challenge
Simply Clean & Simple Thanks Challenge

That's it for today, Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

12 comments:

April Williams said...

Your cards are so pretty! That was sweet of your hubby to find and take you to the scrapbook store! I need to get my Thanksgivng cards out in the mail too.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Connie, love the pictures and colours and gorgeous frames and added details..back in the day my husband would not have said a word, we would have packed up quietly and left town..ha ha ha..

luv CHRISSYxx

Leslie Miller said...

That was so nice of your hubby to treat you to such a surprise. Looks like it was well worth the trip. I miss visiting our local craft store. Beautiful cards, Connie!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Such a lovely "Thanks" card, that is a very elegant and pretty frame die. Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Clean & Simple!

Louca por porcelana said...

Stunning cards. Best wishes.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness Connie - they are all so beautiful! Of course I love anything Fall. The rich colors and all of these were so pretty (even the one without the sentiment is perfect 😉 ) So thankful for you Friend! Happy almost Thanksgiving 🦃

Darlene said...

Awe what a sweetie your hubby is to do that for you! HUGS to him for being such a good guy! LOL
These are all just beautiful and I'm sure the recipients were in awe of your creativity!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty Fall designs! I don't even know if my Hubby knows what a scrapbook store is LOL

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all beautiful, Connie! xoxo

Lisa said...

I see you mailed your Thanksgiving cards, I need to get my Christmas cards ready to mail out this weekend as my son will be home next weekend to sign them. Oh how did it get here so fast. These are some really wonderful Thanksgiving cards. Really lovely imagery on those second and third cards.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your cards all look lovely.
Thanksgiving is getting so near now!

All the best Jan