Thursday, November 2, 2023

Carnations

 I hadn't used these flower dies in quite sometime and I challenged myself to use some of my older goodies every once in awhile.  Once again I had a busy background so I added some white ink behind the flowers to soften the background a little bit so that it wouldn't compete so much.  The piece I used to frame them was left over after die cutting on another project and I thought it would make a great frame for the flowers.


  • Spellbinders - Carnation Creation and Foliage Flourish dies
  • Basic Grey - Porcelain paper
  • Crafters Companion - Advent calendar stamped sentiment and die 
  • Brads
  • White inking behind the flowers 
  • Frame from another project

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

11 comments:

Sandi said...

Have you made Christmas cards yet?

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

The flowers on this card are so cute! I love how you're always so good and giving nice dimension to your cards. Another winner! ;)

Chrissy said...

So very pretty Connie, the papers are lovely and those flowers are gorgeous, I have a die like that, must fish it out and play..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debbie said...

it's a beauty connie!! it's good that you challenge yourself...and also good that you use some of your older goodies. that always feels good!! i like the design!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely colours on this card, and I like the pink flowers.

All the best Jan

Birgit said...

So very petty Connie! Those layered flowers are delightful.

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

So beautiful. I like the colors.

Lisa said...

Very lovely framing of those wonderful flowers. I need to start using my older supplies that don't get much use. I may need to add that to my 2024 resolution. I am still working my way through my tote of items and need to get that wrapped up so I can fill it again next year.

Your card is quite lovely with those wonderful older flowers. Love the layering and shaping too.

Leslie Miller said...

Really cute flower dies! Love the patterned paper, too. It could be a difficult piece to use but you did it beautifully!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful, Connie. I love the use of the negative die cut for the frame xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

The flowers are beautiful, and I love the background too!