Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Merry Christmas

 In my stamp group the challenge was clean and simple, going through the dies I hadn't used before I came across this sentiment die set and thought that will make a quick card, oh was I wrong I am sharing the card I made first and I cut the vellum piece first, tried to sponge glue onto the back to stick it down so I could inlay my cut piece of foil for the inner sentiment and that was quite the ordeal, then I added tiny spots of glue to the back of the letters and when adding it to the inside of the vellum piece tiny bits of glue got on my fingers and started taking the foil off the letters, in the example they show flowers around the sentiment so I stamped and colored some tiny flowers and die cut them out and added in those places that the foiling had come off.


  • Spellbinders - Stylish Merry Christmas die
  • Vellum and foil papers
  • Crafters companion advent calendar 2023 - stamp and die set flowers, colored w/markers


After that whole ordeal I am now thinking that may be the last time I use that die but decided to try another one and this time using white cardstock instead of the vellum and glitter cardstock instead of foiling and I do think I like my second card much better.


  • Spellbinders - Stylish Merry Christmas die
  • ODBD - Christmas paper 2014
  • Spellbinders Advent Calendar 2023 - Flower and leaf dies

  • Now I only needed one more Christmas card and I would have my 6 for the month but when getting these papers and image around to make my card, I thought it would be just as easy to make two of them so this month I have an extra card.



    Papers, images and sentiments from paper craft magazine
    Die cuts from Tim Holtz Funky festive dies

    There we go all cards done for the month!
    Thanks for taking the time to stop by today,

    Connie

    13 comments:

    carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

    Love them all - but those last 2 have my heart. They both scream vintage northwoods charm. Totally my kinda vibe! :)

    Irish Cherokee said...

    All things work out for the good. Every card has its own charm. All 4 are really nice, including the problem child. Clean and simple does not always mean easy. They all will be appreciated when received.

    Hugs and Blessings

    Karen Letchworth said...

    How fun to see Christmas cards. You're so creative, Connie. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I really appreciate it. Have a blessed week.

    Birgit said...

    So glad to hear that you were able to persevere with your first card. No one will ever know what it took to make it look so pretty. The second card is equally as pretty, and I'm so glad it was a bit easier to assemble as well. The other cards are darling! I adore that sweet little deer on the last card. Is that a die??

    Donna Phelan said...

    Oh you must have been frustrated....but you persevered, fixed it and used it again. That's a win in my house! Love the large Merry Christmas die, looks great from here on both! Pretty cards to follow as well. Love that Designer Paper on the last two. They are my favorites (and after your ordeal probably yours as well lol) Merry Merry!

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Adorable cards! Happy Easter!

    Debbie said...

    i really like the look of vellum, but always found it difficult to work with!! these are awesome, so beautiful...and you did it!! you are a master card maker!!

    Chrissy said...

    Beautiful Christmas cards Connie, so good to get ahead..love that little Deer,,

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Leslie Miller said...

    Oh, Connie, I feel for you! The first time I looked at those skinny letters, each one an individual, I knew I would never manage it. Your finished cards, including the first one, look like they were a piece of cake. One would never know. All three cards are beautiful!

    Lisa said...

    Creating cards can certainly have its challenges, but your perseverance paid off beautifully in both versions! It's impressive how you adapted and created stunning cards despite the initial struggles with the sentiment die. The end result of your efforts is simply marvelous, showcasing your creativity and determination. Well done on completing your Christmas card collection for the month!

    Darlene said...

    Look at you getting ahead of the game for the 2024 holiday season ... and they are FABULOUS! Yes I hate when a plan goes array ... but looks like you came out ok in the end. Well done!

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    They are all beautiful, Connie xoxo

    Lowcarb team member said...

    Well done on getting all cards done for the month.

    All the best Jan