Monday, May 13, 2024

Time bring Peace

 My brother in law lost his Dad recently and I had previously watched some videos from Jill from Penny Black on using their stencils to frame stamps and thought that might be a nice touch for this sympathy card. I also used a tree stamp that I stamped in a couple colors of green for the leaves and stamped again with brown for the trunk. Then I realized there was branches within the leaves so I went over them with my brown fine line sharpie.


  • Penny Black - Background Basics Stencil pack, using Old Paper distress ink
  • Crafter's Companion - Advent calendar 2022, Tree stamp
  • Sentiment stamp


I am sharing todays card with Simply Clean & Simple Challenge 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

April Williams said...

This is such a nice sympathy card. I always have trouble with CAS. I will have to remember this.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You have the most beautiful stamps. Love the sentiment of this one. And you did that tree so lovely with the layering of colors. Deepest sympathies to your BIL and family. 🙏🏻💕

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful considering the circumstances. xx

Hena Tayeb said...

A wonderful sentiment.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This is such a simple design you created, but its very powerful, and I especially love the sentiment! You are very talented! Blessings to you Connie, and may your BIL find peace in the memories of losing his dad.

Donna Phelan said...

That is a beautiful touch for sure! Great way to hi-light or soften. Lovely sympathy card. So sorry for his loss.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie. So sorry for the loss xoxo

Darlene said...

Good thinking my friend! This is absolutely beautiful and PERFECT! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers going up to the family! Thanks for inspiration ... I find myself having to make way too many sympathy cards these days so this new idea will be very helpful.

Leslie Miller said...

You can do a lot with those stencils. I love the tree with the stenciled circle off the edge and the sentiment overlapping. Pretty with the blue leaves. Soft and soothing. I'm sorry for his loss.

Debbie said...

you did a beautiful job connie, it's nice to have the additional hand work. i really like the sentiment and the layout of the card!!

Kim said...

The sentiment on this card says it all really when someone's loved one has passed away. Such a sad time for your brother-in-law and his family. Your beautiful card will bring him comfort, dear Connie.

Esther Asbury said...

This turned out beautifully! Love the detail you added with your sharpie! It's the perfect sympathy card!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. You made a wonderful card for your BIL.