Friday, May 3, 2024

Sympathy

 I am sad to say that the gentleman from our church that I made the card for on my April 21st post has passed away.  I knew things were getting worse but didn't realize they were as bad as they were, we had just seen him a couple weeks before I sent the card.

I can't find the card that gave me inspiration for this card but the card had an opening with flowers and  that reminded me of this card blank I had from an early card that I didn't mean to cut the hole in the card and thought that it would work for this card.  I added a piece of one of my backgrounds I had made on my gel print plate to the inside so that it shown through the hole.


  • Tim Holtz - Wildflowers Stem #1 dies
  • Background using stencil on my gel plate
  • ODBD - Scripture Collection 2 sentiment stamp

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Debbie said...

it is a beautiful card with a meaningful sentiment!! the green and yellow remind me of spring. i am so sorry for your loss!!

Birgit said...

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. Your card is lovely. That's one of my favorite verses.

April Williams said...

Beautiful card and scipture. I am sorry for your loss.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Deepest sympathies to his family. May he be resting in the arms of the angels. Such a lovely card. 💗

Kim said...

I'm sorry to read of the gentleman's passing, Connie. Your beautiful card is an elegant and meaningful one. Though it is always one of life's hardest things to say the final goodbye to a loved one, his family will be comforted knowing he is no longer suffering but is now at peace in his heavenly home.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh that's sad, so sorry! This is a lovely Sympathy card. I love the stenciling paired with those pretty white silhouette die cuts! Perfect sentiment. Peace~~

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of the gentleman from your church. Your card, inspired by another with an opening and flowers, is a touching tribute. The use of the gel print plate background and Tim Holtz - Wildflowers Stem #1 dies adds a heartfelt touch, and the sentiment from ODBD - Scripture Collection 2 brings comfort during this difficult time.

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely lovely, Connie. I try to save those blanks until I get too many of them. You used this one in such a beautiful way with the die cuts backed up by the leafy blended panel. I'm so sorry about the gentleman's passing. It makes your heart heavy when a soul departs.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sorry for your loss, Connie. The card is beautiful xoxo

Hena Tayeb said...

So sorry for your loss. It's a lovely card.

Lowcarb team member said...

I was sorry to read of the gentleman's passing. Your card is beautiful.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

I love the gel print background on this pretty card. It's the perfect background for those floral stems.

Louca por porcelana said...

Sorry for your loss... That card is just wonderful.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card! So sorry for your loss!