In my stamp group this week the challenge was to use a brayer and add paint to the flat side of the embossing folder so the color would be in the background, much like I have done with inks in the past. I had never tried that before and I will say I probably will never do so again, LOL!
I was not really happy with my outcome, had to throw the first one away because I had too little paint on it. This attempt I went with just because I wasn't in the mood for all the clean up that is involved. But I know there are those of you that don't mind getting messing and like working with paints and such so I thought I would share here just incase you would like to give it a try.
We were to use at least two paints on the folder and I went with a yellow and green, brayerd the green over the leaves area and the yellow onto the empty area.
You can see in this next picture is what it looked like coming out of the embossing folder, I had a lot of areas around the leaves that were white and I just didn't like that, so I took a bit of the paint with my paint brush and filled in the spots. I still didn't care for the leaves and all that to be white so I decided to use some rub on metallic to go over the birds and branches. Still not sure what I think about it.
Recollections - Bird on branch embossing folder
Ranger Acrylic paint - Adirondack, Lettuce
Ranger Acrylic paint - Jenni Bowlin - Lemon drops
Craf-T - Metallic rubons
Hero Arts - Everyday sayings sentiment stamp
Studio G - gems
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and have a great day!