Monday, August 3, 2020

Spotlight technique

It is the 5th Anniversary of our cardmaking group and for the month of August we will be doing 3 challenges a week to celebrate.

My first card is using the spotlight technique, so many stamps to chose from but I went with this wishing well, I liked the thought of spotlighting the top of the well and adding a birthday wishes sentiment to it for my girlfriend.

Trying new paper to color on with my pencils, I had cut out the image before I started coloring and when I popped it back in after coloring I thought oh wow that doesn't show up as nicely as I had hoped, instead of throwing it all away and starting over with white card stock I decided to go ahead and mat the image and the background with bright yellow paper to give it a pop of brightness!



Stampendous - Wishing Well stamp, colored w/pencils
Gemini - Torn edge circle die
g.c.d. - Melody Ross collection papers
Simon Says stamps - Tiny words Birthday sentiment stamp



Another gorgeous day, I just love having the doors open and having fresh air in the house!
Hope you all are having a great start to your week!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Adding the matting was the perfect way to make your colored piece stand out! Such a sweet birthday card!

Tanza Erlambang said...

flowers as "spotlight" is so romantic....beautiful card

aussie aNNie said...

Great technique and fabulous way you have created this card, The stamp is so lovely love wishing wells. xx

Diane said...

What a fun technique and lovely design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

What a great stamp! The yellow does help it pop more. I love it! Fingers crossed that your cooler weather sticks around for a while.

Donna Phelan said...

Another fabulous technique (that I never do lol) I really need to challenge myself more! Love the wishing well image, perfect for a birthday card!

Janice said...

Love this technique, another I haven’t tried for ages! Super stamp too.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice design.

All the best Jan