Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Birthday Bird

 I broke out my coloring calendar images again, this little bird is too cute, sending love to my great niece.


I believe this is the first time I used this cloud embossing folder, I really liked how the clouds were arranged on this folder. I inked the back of the folder with blue so the clouds would stand out a bit more. Had to add a die cut branch for him to perch on :)

Coloring for calm calendar 2017 - colored w/markers

Parklane - Cloud embossing folder, inked w/blue

Sizzix - small tattered florals die for branch and leaves

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

This is sooooo cute!! I love the way you inked your embossing folder to create the sky --- it really turned out beautifully!

Darlene said...

Oh wow ... what a happy little guy!! LOVE your cloud background! GREAT job!! Another technique I haven't used in a long time! Thanks for inspiration!

Debbie said...

this is so cute connie, everything about it..."the blue bird of happiness"!! many thanks for your kind words today, you are a very sweet soul!!!

Connie said...

I was thinking the same thing . . . the bluebird of happiness . . . I know that your cards bring happiness to each and everyone that receives them. They are golden treasures found in mailboxes cluttered with advertisements, bills and useless junk mail. How it warms the heart to see a handmade card among all that stuff. It sends the message that someone cares and loves you :)
You are an angel.

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this ever so gorgeous design, that bird and clouds are adorable. xx

Kim said...

Sweet little birdie, sitting on a branch singing a song of love. So very sweet.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very precious card. I haven't seen the cloud embossing folder and you really showcased it nice. Great branch. Bird is cute and so nicely coloured.

Leslie Miller said...

You are so right about how cute this bird is! Gosh, I love it, and the embossing folder is fabulous, too! Adorable, Connie!

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love this birthday bird :)

All the best Jan

wannabcre8tive said...

Love this cute card. The doodled belly bird is adorable. Thank you, for sharing it.

Janice said...

Love this card, the embossing folder is perfect for the gorgeous birdie!