Friday, August 21, 2020

Relaxing

 I believe when I have colored this stamp in the past I have done it with colored pencils and markers, this time I tried my hand at water coloring it.  I used a combination of three different products to get all the colors I needed but I think it came together pretty good.


  • Northwoods Rubber stamp 2010, colored with Daniel Smith watercolor paints, Spectrum Aqua markers and Zig clean color markers
  • Spellbinders - A2 Distressed Edges die
  • Distress ink - Old Paper ink
  • Corner tabs
  • Watercolor paper
I love combining the distressed die with old paper ink, and using the corner tabs give it that look of an old photo.

I want to share my card today with the Sisterhood of Crafters Blog Challenge which is Masculine, I have a lot of masculine birthdays coming up the next two months.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, 

Connie

14 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Connie, terrific work. Love how well you watercoloured. The distressed edging is a perfect touch.

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful water-coloring and I love the way the photo corners go perfectly with the distressed edges! Awesome card!

Ashley said...

that hammock is exactly where i want to be right now!! beautiful work. always love admiring your creative and skilled artistry. thanks for sharing!

ashley
https://www.essentiallyash.com

Darlene said...

WOW! Great job Connie! Awesome, fun image and love how you've done the edges too! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL you mastered the colouring so well, and zig pens I just love. Awesome stamp too...xx

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic! Those corner tabs and aged ages look like you have ripped this out of a childhood scrapbook. Love your subtle water coloring too!

Debbie said...

this card is great, you certainly achieved what you wanted to. i wonder if using water colors was a lot more difficult??

there sure is a lot of detail!!

Tanza Erlambang said...

color mix and combination look so perfect....beautiful.

Have a wonderful weekend

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card.Hugs!

Diane said...

Fabulous water coloring and fabulous design!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

wannabcre8tive said...

This is such a beautiful and relaxing scene. Great coloring. Makes me want to visit there.

Lowcarb team member said...

That scene really is so relaxing.
Great card.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Great job, Connie! It looks like you and Daniel Smith get along very well. I've never tried them. This is a wonderful stamp!

Janice said...

A great image, beautifully coloured, a perfect card for any male.