Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Ribbons

 The next challenge in my card making group was to use ribbons on our card. This is a good challenge for me because I tend to forget to go to my ribbons when making a card.

I had this pretty paper my sister in law gave me that would work good for a scrapbook page but not so much for a card until the slimline cards became popular again.  I thought this would be the perfect image to use for this challenge as I added borders to it using ribbons and then tied a bow to go with the pretty flower on the paper.

I also added a sentiment tag with my ribbon and some liquid pearls.

  • Paper unknown
  • Offray and A touch of ribbon
  • Martha Stewart punch tag
  • Our Daily Bread design - mini tag sentiment stamp
  • Liquid Pearls - Chestnut
Quick card but loved how it turned out!

Connie

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Wow this is gorgeous, that paper works perfectly on this slim line card. I am loving the ribbon, looks fabulous and matches so well. Your little green bow is a lovely addition as are the pearls. Lovely result Connie. x

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful designer paper and your little tag and ribbons were a great addition! Lovely card!

Debbie said...

it turned out great connie, the paper is beautiful and like you said, it was perfect for this card. i really like ribbon, i used it on my scrapbook layouts all the time!!

the cute little tag "be happy" is prefect...i really adore this card!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The paper and ribbon is so pretty together. Most of my ribbon is plain, I like this patterned one.

Darlene said...

Perfect! Yes that paper is SO pretty and perfect for the slimline! Awesome creation ... wonderful inspiration!

Lowcarb team member said...

It may be a "quick card" but I too "loved how it turned out"

All the best Jan

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It is beautiful! I think it would make a great bookmark.

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous Paper! That flower is sooooo beautiful! Makes for one pretty slim line card!

Louca por porcelana said...

How gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Your ribbon looks perfect with this paper, Connie! Gorgeous card!

Janice said...

Your patterned ribbon makes perfect borders to this gorgeous image.