Friday, May 27, 2011

Sympathy with fragment

I finally used a Tim Holtz tag fragment.  I bought these ages ago, and just never remembered to use them, so the other day I got them out of the drawer and put them on my desk, and when I was making this card and wanted a sentiment I looked over and saw them and thought nows the time...LOL...


I used another clipart image here, behind that I stamped an Inkadinkado script stamp onto green cardstock and then cut it out with the deckle spellbinder die. Sorry I forgot to look at what the paper maker was before I adhered it to the card.
 I used one of my crocheted flowers with a Basic Grey brad.  And the Fragment was adhered to the sentiment that was stamped with Impression Obsession stamp with the glossy accents.

Yesterday was one of those crazy days, we checked our door on the car and the lock was jammed again, this is the door my husband tore apart and fixed the other day, so he tore it apart again and said it was stuck so bad this time he had to take a screwdriver to unstick it.  So we went to a few different part stores they can't get the item.  Went to actual ford dealership they don't have the part and can't get it from Detroit until sometime after we are leaving for our daughters wedding, but a town 1 1/2 hours north of us has it in stock if we wanted to drive up there, isn't that crazy that they can't ship from store to store.  Anyway we decide to drive up there but my daughter was coming home for a her last foot appointment before getting married.  That's a whole other story, how our government won't pay for my child's health insurance until she is 26 when she gets married but other insurance's do.  We had to drive her car there because ours is torn apart and half way there the car started sounding funny but we just wanted to get to her appointment.  We came out and started driving again and the sound got worse so we pulled over and here she has a flat tire.  Her fiance's car is a Honda with low profile tires and they are hard to find, but our dealership here in town has one left and won't get more until July.  My husband had to come on a very busy road, pump the tire up enough for me to drive it somewhere safe to have him put the spare tire on so we could drive to the Honda dealership.  By the time this was all taken care of it was 4:40 and we wouldn't make it in time up to the dealership, so now we have to run up there today before he goes to work tonight.  It seems like these last few weeks leading up to the wedding has been just one thing after another.

Hope your week is going smoother than ours,
Take care and thanks for stopping by,
Connie

4 comments:

Beate said...

What a darling card, Connie! Sorry you had a tough week. I hope your Memorial Weekend will be better.
Hugs and smiles

ChristineCreations said...

Such a sweet little fragment, it's so pretty and feminine! Hopefully you will have a much better weekend ahead!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the use of the fragment and the image is perfect!

deb said...

Love the fragment. Seems I have some of them around. Again, you are inspiring me to get some older stuff out.