Friday, November 13, 2020

60th

 When Hubby and I were at Barnes and Nobles last month, I was deciding on whether or not to buy this magazine with stamps inside, and hubby came up and asked if I was going to get it and I said I wasn't sure, I had similar bird stamps and greenery that was in the set but not quite the same sizes and I wasn't sure if I would use the numbers and alphabet set and he said his sisters 60th is coming up next month you should get it and use it on her card, and as you can see that is what I have done :)


 The border die was cut with patterned paper, I like the look of that and I added some die cut corners and cut the sentiment using one of the dies I bought when I went to the stamp store for our anniversary.


Let's Make cards Issue 82 - American crafts- Personalize with me and Wild Flourish stamp sets, colored w/markers
Gemini - Opulent Swirls die
Tim Holtz - Crochet die
Simon Says stamps - tiny words birthday sentiment stamp
Pink & Main - sentiment strip die
My Mind's eye - The sweetest thing paper



Wishing you a fun and creative weekend,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful birthday card! Love the way the numbers have flowers intertwined with them! Yay for husband's who encourage you to buy crafting supplies! (smile)

Darlene said...

Such a smart guy you married Connie! lol Beautiful card and I'm sure your sister will LOVE it!!!

Debbie said...

this is very pretty connie, i like what you did with the numbers. i'm sure your sister will love it!!

and this was a good purchase!!

Tanza Erlambang said...

bird and background color so perfect combines.... beautiful.

Have a wonderful day

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm glad that your husband convinced you to buy the magazine. This bird is lovely, and coloured so well. I love the decorative spine area. Such a wonderful card.

Kim said...

A beautiful 60th birthday card for your sister-in-law, Connie. How sweet of your husband to insist that you buy the magazine. I love Barnes and Noble; I could stay in there and never come out.

Donna Phelan said...

Love the floral numbers. And if you squint (or have old eyes like mine) it almost looks like 50 lol She'll be happy! :)

aussie aNNie said...

This is absolutely beautiful, the colours and wonderful design.... just love this.
x

Leslie Miller said...

Good choice to go ahead and buy the magazine, Connie, because you sure made a beautiful card for your sister-in-law! The letters are so pretty on their own, but with the bird and the other special touches you added to your card, it's a gorgeous combination.

Lowcarb team member said...

I am sure your sister is going to love this card, it looks great.

Hope you had a lovely weekend - ours was very wet and windy!

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous card!Hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty caard. I just love those magazines at Barnes and Nobles. I would always buy more than I probably should have. I'm glad now that I have them, because I'm still using them, and I lot of craft stores in my area have now gone out of business.

Janice said...

Such a pretty card, I love the floral numbers too. I think you will get to use them a lot.