Wednesday, November 4, 2020

I love you

 My hubby and I celebrated our anniversary last month.  We love taking pictures of sunsets and we love the Autumn season so I combined the two in my card to him.

First I stamped the trees using brown ink and then embossed using clear embossing powder so I could ink my sunset behind without messing up the trees. I made a little mask for the sun and then using my foam blending tools I inked up the background using distress inks.  I used my flower soft for the leaves on the trees.



Inkadinkado - Fall tree stamp, w/brown ink and clear embossing powder
Art C - cardstock
David Tutera - Celebrate sentiment
Flower soft - Autumn
Corner tabs


Hubby didn't make me a card this year but he did write me a sweet note and then had a surprise for me, since my local stamp store closed down a few months ago, he took me over to the stamp store in Missouri, and told me to get whatever I wanted.  I didn't take advantage of that, I did get a couple of dies I had been eyeing and some specialty papers I can't find at my local craft stores.  It was a cold rainy day but it was fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

20 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

That's gorgeous. Looks like a beautiful postcard! I think you should frame it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A really beautiful sunset and what a special meaningful card for your DH. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to the stamp store!

Leslie Miller said...

I would love a visit to a stamp store. I don't even know where one is anymore. Beautiful card, Connie! A warm autumn scene, which is truly my favorite time of year. Love how you did the sun and added the flower soft. Happy anniversary last month!

Kim said...

Such a lovely anniversary card. I love the effect on the sun and the trees with the autumn leaves are lovely. How lovely your husband treated you with a trip to the store. Happy Anniversary to you both. May you and your sweet husband enjoy many more delightful years watching sunsets together.

Louca por porcelana said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful card!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi there Connie~ I was so glad to stop in and see this beautiful creation! Gorgeous work; so so beautifully done~ Love every step you shared here, and the Flowersoft looks perfect; as does the sunset!
Happy Anniversary! Hugs to you, karen o

Alex said...

Hello again, Connie! Happy Anniver6sary for last month. Your card is absolutely lovely, it is so sweet the care you took and choice of subject matter. X

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Congrats on your anniversary and gosh this is one gorgeous card. xx

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Connie! I've never used flower soft before but it looks amazing. Happy anniversary to you both!

Darlene said...

FABULOUS job on Greg's card ... I bet he was thrilled! Your sunset scene is gorgeous ... well done! Awe what a sweet gesture on his part to take you craft shopping ... he's a keeper! LOL Once again, Happy Anniversary and wishing the two of you many, many more loving years together! Hugs

Debbie said...

happy anniversary - this is a beautiful card. i do remember that your hubby always makes you a card, i was looking forward to seeing it BUT i think his gift idea was awesome...he knows you well!!!

R's Rue said...

Congrats

Diane said...

What a stunning design Connie, love the image and framing.

Hugs diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I don't even know where to begin, this is so beautiful. Just like a picture postcard. Your sunset is stunning and what a clever idea to emboss the trees. Your trees are gorgeous with the flower soft. Great thinking!

Happy Anniversary to you two lovebirds. Hugs.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely Fall card Connie. The Flower Soft is the perfect embellishments... I also really like the corner pieces.

Graça Gamito said...

Hi Connie! I really liked your perspective of autumn landscape that you transposed onto the card you offered your husband. And although I am late, I am happy to send congratulations on such a beautiful date. Surely you will have to make many more cards for this celebration

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely Anniversary card! Happy belated Anniversary. I can relate to your statement... "My local stamp store closed down a few months agao." (In my area it was three stores!) I miss them all!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful sunset card! I love the photo corners and the bits of flower soft on the trees!

Janice said...

An absolutely stunning card and a lovely shopping surprise for you too.