Friday, November 20, 2020

Birdie

 This little birdhouse and bird die came from the Gemini advent calendar I bought off of HSN. First time using it and it is just too cute, I cut both the house and bird out of some scraps of watercolor paper I had, and just added a bit of brown ink to both, the wreath was also a die from that same set.  


The paper had this great image at the bottom all I had to do was add a stamped sentiment to that circle, and decided to use the heart in the center of the house for a little accent on the card. Used some nuvo drops to add some berries around the wreath.


Gemini - Wreath, bird and house dies
My Mind's Eye - the sweetest thing paper
Ranger - black enamel accents for bird eye
Stamps of Life - minis4circles sentiment stamp
Nuvo crystal drops - Autumn red



These dies are so small but as you can see in the photo above they have great detail to them.

I have already purchased the advent calendar for this Christmas, it is supposed to have matching stamps and dies so can't wait to start opening them on December 1st, yes I have been waiting since October when I bought them, I do have patience for some things, LOL!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, our Saturday and Sunday looks to have a bit of rain, but that's ok I have plenty I need to catch up on doing in the house.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

10 comments:

Debbie said...

oh connie, you are so very creative and i really love this card. you know it is so me!!

i would never have been able to wait to open the advent calendar, i love surprises but if i know where something is, i will open it straight away. we are suppose to have good weather on saturday, warm and sunny, i'm not sure about sunday!!! i always have plenty of indoor projects to keep me busy as well!!!

aussie aNNie said...

hi Connie, what a gorgeous card, lovely and so creative love the bird and nest. xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This card is just so pretty. You did a terrific job with your dies. Wow, the close up really shows off the detail embossing too.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh that wreath is so delicate, love the beauty of it. Fabulous creation! Well designed and balanced!

Janice said...

I think you’re going to really enjoy opening your advent calendar this year! Love your card, the wreath, bird and birdhouse are so pretty!

Kim said...

You are very patient waiting to use your pretty pretties, Connie. This is such a sweet card. Everything about this card overflowing with whimsy makes me smile.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Connie, this is just way too adorable! Even before I clicked for a close up I could see the textural detail in the bird and birdhouse. Amazing! I just love the soft color you added, and the paper is fantastic!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty cards Connie... love that bird and birdhouse on the wreath... nice elements, along with the sweet little heart. I also love the paper you used... lovely design!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable card!

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely card, I like the colours you've used.

All the best Jan