Thursday, November 12, 2020

Colors of Autumn

 We all know how much I love Autumn, so when I saw the challenge over at Poppystamps Blog and it was for colors of Autumn I just had to play along.

I first sponged the background with different color inks that would be soft enough to still be able to read the sentiment I planned on stamping in the middle. Then I cut my frame die from Patterned paper, applied it to my background and stamped my sentiment in the middle.  I felt like it still needed a bit more so I also die cut some leaves out of a background I had made using Mega flakes, and a few nuvo drops.



Poppystamps - Thicket Frame die
Memory Box - Marvelous Maple die
Bo Bunny - Beautifully brisk paper
Heartfelt Creations - Cards from the heart sentiment stamp
Mega Flakes - Autumn Blaze
Nuvo Drops - Autumn Red



You can see the shimmer of the mega flakes on the leaves in this close up.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and saying Hi,

Connie

16 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely card, so nice with the Autumn colours.

All the best Jan

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The soft colors in the background work so well with your pretty die. This is really lovely.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Connie! What adhesive do you prefer in these types of cards?

Donna Ellis said...

ooooooooo! such lovely autumn splendor! I am absolutely in love with your die, and the card is beautiful, Connie! xx

Diane said...

Fabulous die cut frame and sentiment Connie.

Hugs Diane

Louca por porcelana said...

Stunning card!Love it!

Kim said...

A beautiful card singing a pretty song of Autumn. The sponged inked background is so pretty; lovely and soft.

Birgit said...

Connie, this is stunning! What lovely soft coloring in the background. This sentiment is so pretty and I love the added leaves. Just perfect!

R's Rue said...

Lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this Thicket Frame die and have used it lots. It frames your sentiment beautifully, and the leaves were just the right addition. Gorgeous with those mica flakes. We had a storm last night that blew things around quite a bit, plus lots of rain, so no sunny blue skies for us today. Fall is wonderfully unpredictable!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous background. It looks lovely with that beautiful autumn colour die cut over top.

Donna Phelan said...

So pretty! Beautiful framed die cut. I do love Fall and a gorgeous blue sky!!!

Debbie said...

i love autumn too, it is my favorite season!! i LOVE the colors...and the laciness of border and the leaves are such a bonus!!

the colors are perfect as is the sentiment!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really beautiful card!

Janice said...

Stunning autumnal card, I love the pretty frame die.

Jeanne J. said...

This is so elegant! I love the bit of sparkle in the leaves and the way you framed the sentiment!