Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Make your own background

 My friend who I have known since we were babies has lost her second brother, I am so thankful that I still have all my siblings.  Wish the miles were not so far apart and this Covid thing was not going on right now, but thankfully we have ways to send love and thoughts across those miles.  It is so hard to think of where to start when making a sympathy card but I had just recently watched one of Tim Holtz's videos on making backgrounds with inks and seen the challenge over at Mix it up challenge blog where they challenged to make your own backgrounds and I decided to just start there.  I took 3 Tim Holtz oxide inks applied them to my mat, spritz them with water and applied my paper picked it up and dried it, and did this a few more times until I got this background.  Next I just started going through my things when I came across this rub on that was just the size of my card and thought that might look nice against the background, I also came across these butterfly stickers, for some reason I associate butterflies with us rising up to heaven, not sure where that came from, probably something from my childhood. I didn't make a card for her two sisters, so I found this sentiment and on the inside asked that she pass on my sympathies to them also.



Background, Distress inks - Old paper, Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen applied wet, peeled paint applied dry
Cosmo Cricket - Fleuriste Rub on
K&co. - Traditional butterflies sticker
Taylored Expressions - Care & Comfort II stamp sentiment



Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

JD/ Jill said...


This is so nicely done. I'm sure it will bring comfort to your friend. So sorryFor her loss!

Janice said...

A beautiful card for your friend, I love everything about it. I lost my brother ten years ago, so I feel your friend will really appreciate the thought that's gone into this card along with the caring sentiment.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning background Connie, so nice for your friend who has a sad time at the moment. xxx

Donna Phelan said...

So sorry. This is a beautiful Sympathy card. I adore your pretty background!

Debbie said...

what a process, it is so uniquely beautiful, surely one of a kind!! i really love the colors!!

such a sad reason to have to make a card. i am happy i have both of my siblings and my mom also!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your background is so beautiful, Connie! Love the rub on image and lovely butterfly, and a very thoughtful sentiment. Perfect. I'm so sorry about your friend.

Alex said...

This is so beautiful, It works so well! How extremely sad for your friend, I'm sorry to hear of that , am sure your heartfelt card will bring comfort. Xx

Esther Asbury said...

Both your background and card are beautiful! Absolutely perfect for a sympathy card!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful card...So sad to hear about your friend's brother.... My only sister and I do not speak to each other but it was an extremely toxic relationship when we did so I am much better off,,,,Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry for your friends loss.
This is a very nice card which I'm sure will bring comfort.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your dear friend's loss. This Covid pandemic seems endless. Your card is lovely. The color palette is so soothing. Great job, Connie!.

Kim said...

This is a lovely card, expressing beautiful sympathy sentiments. So sorry to hear of your lifelong friend's loss.