Saturday, July 30, 2022

Cat Sympathy

 I was in need of another cat sympathy card, this time for our niece on my hubby's side of the family.  After my hubby's dad died our niece offered to take in his cat, and she had him for 7 more years, he was 10 when she took him in.

I hadn't made a shaped card in some time so I decided to make a circle card this time. I laid the die just above the fold line of my card so it would have a hinge to open.

I inked the background, cut the cat out of paper that looked like the multi coloring this cat had and added a die cut tree and leaves, and some butterfly stickers.



  • Impression Obsession - Cat set die and Bare Tree die
  • memory box - Grove leaves die
  • Distress inks for background - Mowed Lawn and Tumbled glass
  • Butterfly stickers



We actually have temps in the 80's this weekend. We are getting out and driving north where there isn't a chance of rain. Hope you all have some fun ideas for your weekend.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

12 comments:

April said...

What a sweet card! I love the round shape with the rough edges. I also love the spotted cat.

Debbie said...

such a lovely card connie!! i really like the round shape with the inked edges. i always LOVE inked edges!! he certainly lived a good, long life!!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful and thoughtful. I love how the cat looks with the designer paper fur. Your niece-in-law will be touched. Connie, I thought of you first thing when I saw the news about all the flooding over that way. I realize you're not in Kentucky, but I was concerned it might get bad where you are, too. I'm glad you're okay.

Donna Phelan said...

Wow! Sounds like that cat had a nice long loving life! I adore your shaped card, it's perfect in every way! She will love that you have reached out with thoughts and prayers. We actually had a sprinkling of rain late Friday night, not nearly enough but a start! It's so dry here!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie. I'm sure it brought comfort xoxo

R's Rue said...

So sweet.

Joan B said...

beautiful. she will appreciate the time and effort.

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card.

JD/ Jill said...

Very peaceful looking card! I'm sure it will be appreciated!

Esther Asbury said...

Aww....such a sweet card. I love that you created it in a circle shape. It's always fun to do something different, isn't it?!

Chrissy said...

Awww, so beautiful..and poor Puss had a wonderful long life, so that was really lovely..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

What a sweet kitty card for your niece. That was wonderful she was able to take the kitty in when your hubby's dad passed. I am sure she will cherish this sweet shaped card.