Saturday, February 18, 2023

Butterfly wish

 I just love this paper that came with my Crafter's Companion Advent calendar this year, and I was looking through my stuff to see what could I pair that with when I came across these dimensional butterflies and I thought it would look nice with it. I didn't want to cover up too much of the paper, but I also didn't want the butterfly to just sit on top, so I made a frame by using a couple of my oval dies, and since it had an elegant feel to it I added a fancy border punch to the base.


  • Crafter's Companion - Advent calendar 2022 paper
  • K& co. - SW Floral Butterfly
  • Martha Stewart - Border punch and tag punch
  • Spellbinders - Big Scalloped Ovals and Classic oval dies to make frame
  • Stamps of Life - Minis4circles stamped sentiment
  • Brad
  • Queen & co. - Bubbles

in the close up you can see the little gem bubbles I added too.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a lovely creation, Connie! Your lavender cardstock is so pretty! hugs, de

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful paper, and I love the way you created a frame for your butterfly! I have a hard time covering up pretty patterned paper too!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, you're so right about the beauty of the butterfly and paper pairing! A good eye, Connie, and a gorgeous card!

Kim said...

Oh wow, how beautiful your card is, Connie. The dimensional butterfly flying with the frame is so pretty. What a find that pretty background paper was.

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous Papers, love the soft subtle tone. That butterfly is magnificent and looks perfectly perched on your oval dies cuts--love the scallop one. And that MS border punch is a great accent, love the design!

Birgit said...

Very pretty Connie! Great dimension and details with the frame, the little tag and the pretty gems. Such an elegant card!

April said...

This is beautiful! I love the paper and your butterfly goes so well with it. Pretty border and frame too.

Debbie said...

gorgeous connie!! that is always a quandry!!! the paper is so pretty, you don't want to cover too much of it!!

purple and butterflies, i think this card may be perfect!!

Lowcarb team member said...

This is really nice Connie, very well done.

All the best Jan

Hena Tayeb said...

So beautiful.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful! At first glance, I thought you'd layered more of the paper on the die cut, instead of cutting an aperture in the cut xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful! Love!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous layered butterfly and super papers and layout too.