Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Oh Deer

 Getting more Christmas cards done, I recently bought this deer die cut and so I just had to make it for our deer challenge in my stamp group.  I decided to make a couple while I was at it just changing up the framing and some of the extras that came in this die set.  I added marker touches to them to give a little depth.


  • Simon Hurley - Floral Stag dies
  • Hero Arts - Square Woodgrain Frames die

I used an oval frame on the second one.


  • Simon Hurley - Floral Stag dies
  • Hero Arts - Oval Woodgrain frames dies
  • Starform - Purple/silver glitter stickers for berries


Lastly I came across this stamp set that April in our group was giving away to clean out some of her stuff to make room for new goodies, I had stamped it on regular cardstock and two embossed on watercolor cardstock and the only one that turned out is this one, it didn't look good at all embossing the image.  But at least I have 3 cards so far this month :)



  • Sparkle n Sprinkle - 517 A winter wonderland stamp set, colored w/markers
  • Stickles - Diamond for snow
You can see the sparkle of the stickles a little better with this closeup



I would like to share my card with the 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

17 comments:

Birgit said...

Look at all these handsome deer cards. Each one is a work of he-art! I love how you added the winter greens and poinsettia flower at the base of each deer. Your winter scene is colored to perfection. What a wonderful post!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love both of these cards so much and I can't decide which is more adorable? 🤔 The woodland scene really reminds me of my northwoods. You're so creative and talented Lady! 💕

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, I love your deer cards! Love. Them. You did a stellar job with all the die cut detail and you know what a fan I am of that. Your woodland scene is absolutely beautiful. It's an amazing stamp, sweetly colored, and the Stickles add such fabulous glitter and sheen.

Esther Asbury said...

All of your deer cards are beautiful! I especially love the oval framed deer, and I also love the glitter you added to your stamped scene.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Your Christmas cards are so beautiful! I love all the different designs that you come up with. You will be ready for the Christmas card season this year for sure! Blessings to you :)

Lia said...

The stag is a real beauty on your christmascard. Great design!
Lia DT POE

handmade by amalia said...

Your deer is very much a dear.
Amalia
xo

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable cards Connie, each one is amazing xx

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable cards here and each one looks fabulous. Thanks also for joining in our Peace on Earth challenge x

Diane said...

ALL the cards are beautifully created!! You should add the deer scene card into our Four Seasons challenge! I have the floral stag die on my want list, nice to see it used!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd
{Stencil Fun}

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are beautiful, Connie xoxo

Beth Stamps said...

Such a wonderful series of cards. I really like how you added dimension to your stag. The pointsettia is a lovely added touch. Your second card is coloured very well. Hugs.

Lisa said...

Love the fun layered deer, it makes for a couple of wonderful Christmas cards. The glittery addition to the deer scene is a great touch it adds interest to the card image to draw the eyes in. Nicely done getting a few Christmas cards made. I need to get on the ball and get more done.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous selection of cards using the Deer Connie, the foliage is great along with the color variations.the stamped scene is a beauty stamp too with all the sparkle of the snow, awesome cards..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JD/ Jill said...

Your Christmas cards are so special! I really like that cute deer die!

Debbie said...

these are great connie, you are so ahead of the game already!! i like the oval frame, it's fun-ner. i know that's not a word!!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful cards. Hugs.