Sunday, February 26, 2023

Snowmen

 Although we are lucky to have not had any of the past snow I know a lot who have so why not end the month with some snowmen. In my card group I was supposed to come up with a challenge for our last week of snow challenge and I went with challenging the group to get out those snowmen dies and if they didn't have snowmen dies they could use their circle dies to make their own snowmen.


My card uses the snowmen dies from Tim Holtz that Simon Says stamps offered if you bought some Tim Holtz items. I liked them because they are a good size for cards and still able to make a scene, which I did with a border die and sponged the background and added some white gel pen snow.

  • Tim Holtz - Chilly & Freezy dies
  • Elizabeth Craft designs - Outdoor edges die
  • Hobby Lobby - Christmas sticker book sentiment
  • Distress inks - Tumbled glass and Faded Jeans (sky)
  • White gel pen (snow)

This is a tag I made for my journal and I just used some circle dies and added my own face and coal, I didn't right down any of the other things I added to it so if you would like to know I can look them up for you, I had made this last year and since the journals are just for me I just make and don't write anything down, makes the creative process even more enjoyable :)



So that makes only 4 cards I made this month, but I just didn't have it in me to make another, I will have to catch up another month :)

Have a Beautiful Sunday, and those getting all the snow I hope you are staying safe and warm!
Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Debbie said...

no snow here either but i have adjusted...i love snow!! i have spent the last week cleaning out my china cabinet, which was huge and i have decided i am never moving, too much work!!

the card is really adorable, i love snowmen, and i really like how you always make things "pop"!! you should try your hand at painting them, you are so talented, and they are not difficult to paint!!

lovely tag, it's nice you made it for yourself. happy sunday!!!

Debbie said...

i forgot to say we are getting hardwood floors so the china cabinet is going....to the dumps, so it had to be emptied out, completely. that's why it is taking so long!!

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, circles make great snowmen and you had just the right circle dies to make the guy featured on your tag. Cute! My heart is with those friendly snowmen on your first card. Love all the TH dies. Guess I missed this deal, but I do have some TH sitting in my basket awaiting their first cutting. BTW, we had 3" of snow on Thursday. It's a novelty here so the doggies and I had fun playing in it.

JD/ Jill said...

Your card and tag is adorable!

Donna Phelan said...

Super cute snowmen, I know they are well loved by all crafters--maybe they'll bring them back! Love your pretty wintry background too. That Tag is awesome I love the little notches in the sides--very unique!

Birgit said...

We've been getting snow here and more is in the forecast. I wouldn't mind the snow so much if I had these cute snowmen outside my window to look at each day. Your wintery card and tag are both adorable!

Em Louise Fairley said...

All your snowmen are adorable, Connie xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

Awww... awesome!

R's Rue said...

So cute.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a darling card, Connie. I love the matching tag, too. Hope you're having a wonderful week.
Karen

Pam said...

That is really cute.

Donna Ellis said...

Darling snowpeople projects, Connie! Loving the white highlights between your two sweethearts, and your happy little snowman smiling in the midst of his snowfall!
hugs,
\de

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww love your snowman card ...

All the best Jan

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my word - I think these snowmen cards are the cutest ones yet! ;)

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness these snowmen are so cute! Nicely done paper piecing these together oh those little pieces.