Thursday, February 16, 2023

Get well wishes

 There is a gentlemen in our church that is going through some very rough health troubles right now and I wanted to let him know he is in my prayers.

I used a wooden bird for my main focus, I decided to give him a little sparkle and color with my Sparkle marker and it was now way to dark instead of too light, so I quickly rubbed the marker off before it all soaked into the wood and thought the uneven look gave it a good textured feeling, so I stuck with that.


I used some strips of of paper to make up the background and inked around them.  the border of the tag was made using a border punch and after adding the sentiment I felt it needed a little more so I added some dots with my fine tip pen and then inked around the whole tag and card.

  • Ms. Sparkle & co. - Wood Veneers, colored w/Spectrum sparkle marker in Earth color, then partially wiped off
  • Inkessentials - enamel accents in black for eyes
  • Basic Grey - Porcelain Papers
  • Martha Stewart - Border punch
  • Inky Antics - Simple sentiments stamp
  • Pen dots




Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

11 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

That bird is amazing! I'm thinking it looks like an owl. I love how it turned out with your partially rubbed off sparkle pen. You backed it up with the perfect papers, too. Your gentleman friend will be touched that you thought of him.

Esther Asbury said...

I love that wooden bird and I love the dots you added too. Perfect guy card!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love the way the marker turned out and textured look that it gave. I love the dots you added too. Prayers for your friend! 🙏

Debbie said...

what an amazing card...you are so thoughtful and kind connie. i am sure this card will really lift this mans spirits during this difficult time!!

Birgit said...

A very nice card Connie. The owl is fantastic! I'm sure your friend at church will appreciate your thoughtfulness and be encouraged.

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice masculine card!

Lisa said...

What an amazing wooden owl and a super card for a guy. I am sure he loved this wonderful card.

Donna Phelan said...

Looks like a great distressed wood piece accent. So thoughtful of you to create this card for him, I know he'll appreciate it!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the wooden bird :)

All the best Jan

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's gorgeous, Connie xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card.