Saturday, March 25, 2023

2 for I

 My stamp group is holding another week of challenges starting today, we each challenge each other to a technique or style of card and the others show what they come up with. When I saw This card HERE, I just wanted to give it a try so I thought it would be neat to see what the others come up with.  Instead of doing a the card the way she did it I decided to turn my card around.


So neat to get two cards for one.  I stamped the image on both white cardstock and a kraft cardstock, coloring only the one I stamped on the white, when done I put the two cards together and cut them at the same time to make sure I had them equal, instead of adding my sentiment between the two panels I just added a strip of paper and added my sentiments to the kraft part of the card.


  • Simon Says stamps - Flower Garden stamp, colored w/pencils
  • Spellbinders - Happy Birthday die, cut twice and layered

  • Simon Says stamps - Flower Garden stamp, colored w/pencils
  • Die-Namics - cross-stitch die
  • Cardmaking and Papercraft - Sentiment

  • Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

    Connie

    16 comments:

    JD/ Jill said...

    such pretty cards and a great technique! Must remember that one! Thanks for sharing the link!

    Kim said...

    Such a clever technique and looks like fun. Two lovely cards, Connie.

    Leslie Miller said...

    What a cool idea and very pretty! I've always loved this stamp and it works great for this technique. Beautiful pencil coloring!

    Chrissy said...

    So very pretty Connie, love the colours and your card design, beautiful..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Birgit said...

    So pretty Connie! What a great way to create multiple cards.

    Donna Phelan said...

    That flower garden stamp is gorgeous and I love how it uses the entire card front panel. What a unique technique, such beautiful results and you get 2 cards made at a time! Beautiful!

    Beth Norman-Roberts said...

    Very fun-looking challenge. I can't wait to get started. I love all of your flowers.

    Nancy Chan said...

    I like the birthday card with flowers.

    Darlene said...

    OH WOW what a cool technique. At first I didn't realize the same image was used on both the white & the kraft panels. VERY CLEVER and looks awesome! YOU GO GIRL!!

    Hena Tayeb said...

    So pretty!

    Debbie said...

    what a great idea and technique!! both cards are so pretty!!

    carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

    What a wonderful 2 for 1 idea! I love how they turned out. ;) And love that they scream springtime. 🌸

    Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

    This is a beautiful 2 for 1 card Connie! I really like the layout, and so fun to have the offset with the kraft and white. Our demonstrator has challenged us for our next stamp meeting to make a card with Stampin Up "wobbles", little things that you attach to a stamped piece of cardstock that move when shaken. I'm working on a design. It's always fun! Blessings to you :)

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Beautiful card dear friend.

    Lowcarb team member said...

    Lovely cards Connie.

    All the best Jan

    Lisa said...

    I love when a technique gives 2 cards. These are so beautiful!