Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Lake House

 One of my hubby's co workers has no family near, so I try to do him a special card for his birthday.  I know I appreciate my daughters friends who make her birthday special since we live so far away to be with her on her birthday.

I made a little window by using my square die and added the stamp on the back of the card inside.  I just love these papers for backgrounds to outdoor scenes but I don't have much left now.


  • Art impressions - Lake House window stamp, colored w/markers
  • PPD - Mini stitched square die to cut window
  • October afternoon - campfire paper

Usually the colors are more close to actual on my close up pictures but in this case they are more to the first picture I posted.

Hope your week is off to a great start.  We had a beautiful day yesterday but today it is going to be 30 degrees cooler, and in the 40's for the rest of the week, guess spring is still a little ways off.

Connie

13 comments:

April said...

This is s great card for him! The paper is a great background for your stamp.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great masculine card, Connie xoxo

Darlene said...

How sweet of you to do this Connie! I'm sure he really appreciates you! Fabulous masculine creation ... fun design too! So nice to know there are still kind, thoughtful people in this world! HUGS

Donna Phelan said...

Yes, that Designer Paper is so cool, very outdoorsy lol Like the little window and the stamped scene. FUN!

Pam said...

How nice that is and I am sure that he really enjoys those cards.

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely designed card!

Debbie said...

this card is so "handsome" and you are so thoughtful as always. sunday and monday were gorgeous here and we did not get any snow. the wind has been howling today, all day long!!!

Esther Asbury said...

You're always so thoughtful of the people around you. Love this great guy card - that designer paper compliments your stamped image perfectly!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great card Connie... well done!

If you've sufficient of your lovely designer paper left you can always print some more.
Two ways I've done it. Scan or photograph and print it myself.

Or one particularly nice one I took to printer Officeworks where we print photos etc and they did a beautiful job too for not a lot of money.
Hopefully you've enough left to do that ❤๐Ÿ™❤

Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh be still my heart Connie! This speaks directly to my lake loving soul. I live on a bay and Matt has a cabin property on a gorgeous lake. Beautiful job on this one and love your compassion to help someone feel special. ๐Ÿ’—

Lisa said...

That paper is fabulous! I love the aperture you added for the image it adds a special touch to this card.

Lowcarb team member said...

A nice card Connie, it's very thoughtful of you too.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

If I saw this scene out my window I would be a happy camper... or RV'r. I love the paper, too. You are thoughtful to think of your hubby's coworker.