Monday, March 13, 2023

Wish

 I was working on another project where I was using paint and I had a good amount on my sponge I was using and instead of throwing it away I added it to the edge of a few pieces of pattern paper I have in my scraps bin.  Today I brought it out to go with another image from my coloring calendar images.  I used pencils to color it. I fussy cut it out and added it to an oval shape, used the same die set to cut out my stamped sentiment and then added some black ink around the edges of the sentiment tag.


  • Color for Calm Calendar image - colored w/pencils, fussy cut
  • Spellbinders - Scallop Classic Ovals Lg dies
  • Scrap paper that I had sponged cream paint around the edges
  • Stamps of life - minis4circles sentiment stamp w/black ink sponging


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and hope you have a fabulous week ahead!

Connie

15 comments:

R's Rue said...

Wow.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Pam said...

So pretty....and its the time of yr for the butterflies to start coming out

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like the effect! You don't want to waste that paint. The paper is cute and it makes a nice background for the pretty butterfly!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love the effect along the edges. And I love how you cut out the butterfly and added. Just lovely. Wishing you a blessed week! xo

Debbie said...

gorgeous connie, i love the colors and that butterfly, beautiful!! i always laugh when you say you "fussy cut" something, it's cut perfectly but i guess that's just how they refer to that technique!!

Lowcarb team member said...

That's very pretty, I like it.

All the best Jan

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your painted image is so pretty. That would make a nice challenge.

Esther Asbury said...

What a creative way to use up the leftover paint on your sponge! I love it!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I love that, it looks so ethereal! Creates a nice soft glowing frame for your beautiful butterfly. I like your actual frames too the scallop edge one is a favorite of mine. Beautiful!

April said...

This is so Springy and pretty! Also a great way to use up some paint too.

aussie aNNie said...

This is adorable, love the gorgeous card and great colours. x

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so pretty, Connie xoxo

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous big butterfly and love the background and card design, beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Butterfly card!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness that is brilliant to add the paint to the edges of designer paper. I love how it softens up the paper and it pairs nicely with this beautiful dragonfly too. Really love this card.