Wednesday, March 15, 2023

You are strong

 Wanted to send out some more cards to those that are dealing with Pain and healing right now.

My first card was the cover of the new daily calendar I bought for this year. I had never seen the beautiful artwork of Marjolein Bastin before but she does such beautiful images and it just looked nice and peaceful to me so I thought it might be uplifting for this lady that needs to know that I think she has been very strong through an awful ordeal. I cut around the image and  I added a sticker border and crochet die.


  • Marjolein Bastin - Nature's Inspiration 2023 daily calendar image
  • Tim Holtz - Crochet die
  • Hot off the press - Dazzles 31 white jewel border stickers
  • Simon Says stamps - tiny words encourgement stamp
  • Pink & Main - Sentiment strip die

On this second card I went with a coloring pad from Spectrum noir, I bought it off of HSN, the pads and the pencils. The pages in this pad have gold embossing.



  • Spectrum noir - Natural Beauty Colorista pad colored w/pencils
  • My sentiments exactly - Little birdie sentiment stamp
  • Me & My big ideas - Gems
The sentiment seemed to blend in with the background, so I added one of the gems near it.



I think next time I will try to blend the pencils with some mineral spirits, I was just worried that may mess up the gold foil on these. I will have to try it on an image I don't like as much :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is such a great idea. I have a few things from Marjorie B. that were at the hallmark store years ago. I love her art!

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, Connie, I hardly know where to start. The first is a beautiful piece, so lovely and calming. Beautiful custom touches you added and very thoughtful of you to send it. I'm stunned by your second piece with the foiled image and beautiful coloring. I have to look again... simply amazing!

Kim said...

Both cards will put a smile in the recipients' heart, Connie. So lovely and thoughtful.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

These are lovely, Connie and sure to lift anyone's spirits! I have a couple of Marjolein's books - she is a wonderful artist. I love the soft colors on your hummingbird card and the pretty lace on the 1st one. Hope you are seeing some signs of spring. x K

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Connie, beautiful floral and the little egg nestled at the base, and love the hummingbirds, such happy little birds and gorgeous colours..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very beautiful card. The calendar is perfect for your recipient. I love M. Bastien. Her work has been in Hallmark. I bought my M Bastien teapot from them back around 1998.

Birgit said...

These are both so pretty Connie. Such a pretty image, enhanced by that beautiful lace border. The gold embossing and coloring on your second card is perfection!

Esther Asbury said...

Two beautiful cards! I especially like how you upcycle calendar images.

April said...

These are beautiful and I know will be much appreciated.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Both cards are just beautiful! I've never seen her artwork either and it's stunning. You are so thoughtful and will have very lucky recipients. xo

Nancy Chan said...

They are beautiful cards.

Donna Phelan said...

I don't think I have ever heard of her, but she s clearly beautifully talented! Such a lovely image! Love that you recycled that cover and made a pretty card with it. Your second card is just as pretty, you can really see the gold outline, such a sparkle!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are lovely!

Lisa said...

Great image from the calendar and I love that lace trim too.

I love the image on the second card with the touch of gold for the images. It is colored beautifully too.