Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Birthday Bird

 I was stumped what to do for my friends birthday card so I went to the challenges and thought I would do a challenge with embossing folders since I don't use mine nearly enough.  I went with doing the technique where you ink the background of the folder and then run it through your die cut machine, well I had to do it several times and it just didn't get a good result so I took a wet brush and kind of went around and tried to smooth it out, I cut a circle from the piece that looked the best and went from there :) The twist was to use birds so I picked an embossing folder that also had birds.


  • Cuttlebug - Birds and Swirls embossing folder
  • Spellbinders - Floral Doily Motif and Sweet birdie dies
  • BasicGrey - Periphery paper
  • Stamps of Life - Minis4circles sentiment stamp
  • Martha Stewart - Bird Border punch
I wanted a little something more at the bottom so I got out my border punch of birds and punched it out, I felt it needed a little something so I took ink on a little brush applicator that Leslie told us about in one of her post and added a touch of ink to each of the birds, took a bigger brush to add some ink to the bottom part of the punch. I added a die cut layered bird I had already made up that I thought popped off the card, there was a little to much dark.


I would like to add my card to the Can you handle the pressure blog optional birds challenge

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love the birdie theme, Connie! So sweet! Any day now we will start hearing them sing again. Hope you are seeing some signs of spring now. x K

April Williams said...

This is so pretty! I have that embossing folder and I need to get it out and use it. I am loving the little bird.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So sweet! I love that embossed backdrop. It turned out so pretty. 💙

Lowcarb team member said...

A very pretty looking card.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

I'd imagine you would, now and then, be stumped for ideas with a card, as you are always making so many lovely ones. This card for your friend is pretty with the embossed background and the sweet little bird.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards!

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty cards. Hugs and blessings.

aussie aNNie said...

This is beautiful design and stunning overall with great coloring of the image. ♥
Sorry for MIA, had a house full over Easter for a week xx

Donna Phelan said...

It makes for a dreamy background! Loving that large focal die cut, it is so pretty...and your very sweet little birdie Great Birthday Card!

Diane said...

Very pretty card, a fabulous design too!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

R's Rue said...

So pretty

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, I just love your cute little bird, and the embossed circle makes a great background for it. I never have luck with this inking technique. I really like your bird border. What a great punch! I love my little ink applicators. I'm glad they worked for you!

Esther Asbury said...

I need to use my embossing folders more too -- love the beautiful background you created with yours and that little bird is just the sweetest.

Lisa said...

Your creative approach to salvaging the embossing folder technique turned out beautifully! The addition of the inked birds at the bottom adds a charming detail, and the layered bird die cut brings a delightful focal point to the card. It's always inspiring to see how challenges can spark creative solutions, resulting in such lovely creations.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.