Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Sledding we will go

 These first two cards didn't really go with my cardmaking group challenges but it was one I recently bought from a sale and just had to try them out.  I had been eyeing this sled for some time and when it went on a really good sale I couldn't pass it up. I am glad I had decided at first to do only two at a time because it is very time consuming to cut everything out and layer it all together but I sure did like the results. I will probably only manage to get a couple done each year :)  I was going for an outdoor porch scene.



  • Tim Holtz - Vintage Shed dies and Vintage Labels dies
  • Penny Black - Wood floors die
  • Craft Consortium - Wood Textures paper
  • Simon Says stamps - Tiny Words Christmas sentiment stamp

Since those two cards took so long I decided to go with ones that would be less time consuming, well they were but still ended up taking longer than I had planned, I added foam tape behind this so that there would be more dimension for the letters to stand out.



  • Poppystamps - We wish you a merry Christmas die
  • My Mind's eye - O Christmas tree Paper

This next set took even longer, I started out with cutting the die out of glitter foam, felt that both cards needed an extra layer, had an awful time lining them up. Tried a shimmer background to go with the glitter and some shiny glitter. The other I just went with all papers, except the snowflake on top was one I had cut earlier and never used so I added that to the top instead of a star. 


1st card
  • Memory Box - Sparkling tree tile die
  • Vellum Bristol Paper to cut out tree
  • Craft Consortium - Ink drops organic paper
  • Snowflake die on top of tree
  • tiny snowflakes saved from other project
2nd Card
  • Memory Box - Sparkling tree tile die
  • Nuvo Shimmer Powder - Green Parade
  • Star Gem
  • Chunky Glitter
You can see a little of the shine in the closeup, I still haven't decided if these last two cards with be given to anyone or not.


Well I managed to get my 6 done for the month, it has been a busy month with Doctors appointments and other things that just popped up, hoping next month will be a little calmer.

I would like to link my sled cards with Peace on Earth Christmas challenge 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words in regards to Joe's passing...I gratefully appreciate it..
Hugs,
Deb Debbie-Dabble Blog

April Williams said...

All of your cards are wondeful! I love the sled die. You have done a lot of great wrok here.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

They all speak to my Christmas loving heart! But that sled one is extra special. So cute!

Leslie Miller said...

I know how all of these cards must have taken a fair amount of time, but they're very special! Of course, being a nut for Tim Holtz dies I especially love the first card. The sled is amazing and I love the suggestion of being on a porch. It's perfect! The merry Christmas tree is super cute with the green and polka dots. Your snowflake tree cards are really pretty. I can imagine your frustration in trying to line up those tiny parts when layering. Good progress on your Christmas cards, even if you don't use the last two. I'm trying to talk myself into making a batch.

Debbie said...

you definitely achieved the look of a sled, sitting on an outdoor porch...and i happen to love that look. the hubs threw the boys sleds away and i did not talk to him for a week!! this may not be the right thing to say, but can't you just buy a sled, already put together and use that. i have not looked at "stickers" lately, but i remember they had just about everything!!

the other 2 are awesome as well, they are definitely beautiful and showcase that you spent a lot of time on them!!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

These are incredible and the sled looks amazing! At first I thought it was a photo. Well done, Connie!

-Soma

Donna Phelan said...

Very Merry! I love the pretty and different trees but those sleds look AHmazing! They seem to be resting on a sweet little porch, up against the house, waiting for the next daredevil to take a ride! These are FUN!!!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

The cards are all stunning, Connie xoxo

Donna Ellis said...

Such fun cards, Connie! I cannot imagine how you so daintily placed all those tiny die pieces in just the right places - both in your backgrounds and in the TH sleds (which are really REALLY incredibly colored and assembled). Thanks for reminding me to keep my mind on Christmas 2024! hugs, de

Lisa said...

Your sled cards are truly stunning, even if they didn't quite fit the group challenges! The time and effort you put into them really paid off, creating beautiful outdoor porch scenes. Your attention to detail with the Tim Holtz and Penny Black dies, along with the Craft Consortium paper, adds such a lovely touch. The other cards, with the Poppystamps and Memory Box dies, shimmer backgrounds, and various embellishments, are equally impressive. It's understandable that they took longer than planned, but the results are absolutely worth it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the sled cards.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful holiday cards! The first two are my favorite with all the tiny details in that sled!