Friday, September 3, 2021

Alcohol ink & Foil

 I have done this technique as far as adding foil but never in this way. First you ink your glossy card stock with Alcohol inks, then take a paint brush with 91% rubbing alcohol and add dots to your background in a row, then add your foil to it before it dries completely and the foil will stick to the damp alcohol.


  • Alcohol inks - Sunshine yellow, Sunset Orange
  • Deco art - Silver foil
  • Martha Stewart - Bird stamps, colored w/markers
  • Tim Holtz - small talk sentiment


The second one I did the foiling didn't show up as well I think I waited too long to apply it but it is there around some of the circles.  Since my first example the circles really blended together I tried to do them farther apart on the second one and a little smaller.



  • Alcohol inks - Wild Plum and Currant
  • 91% Rubbing Alcohol
  • Deco art foil - Lapis watercolor foil
  • Impression Obsession - Leaf Ornament stamp, colored w/ markers and Pine branch die
  • Spellbinders - Holiday sentiment die




Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

14 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Both are very pretty!! Just lovely! Thanks again for stopping by!! Hugs,
Deb

Esther Asbury said...

Both backgrounds are unique and fun! I love the purple one with the Christmas ornament! It's always fun to create some non-traditional holiday cards!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

These are beautiful Connie. I couldn't get the alcohol to land in a straight line either.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I love that bird background, so pretty, so cool!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are rally beautifully done. I never heard of this technique before must look into it.

Debbie said...

what an interesting technique, i really like both cards. but i think the first is my favorite, it is so abstract and unusual!! i am happy to see you made another christmas card, they must be really piling up!!

have a happy weekend connie. it has cooled down here, i hope it has cooled down where you are!!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and I too have added foil this way before the alcohol ink dries, great effect. xx

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You have done great job with endurance.

Darlene said...

OH WOW very cool! Fabulous designs!! You sure know how to have fun with all these different techniques. Well done my friend! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Has finally cooled down here in Ohio! Stay healthy!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😍

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! Beautiful and interesting backgrounds! I'm really loving the bird card, especially, because... well, I just always love bird cards!

Louca por porcelana said...

Awesome cards!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are gorgeous, Connie xoxo

Lisa said...

That ornament is gorgeous and I love the colors you used on this card.