Wednesday, September 1, 2021

More Techniques

 The next challenge was to Mask your stamping then make a frame and ink the background, color with an illustration look to it. That part I miserably failed at and I barely got the images outside the framing like we were supposed to do.  I have to come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to do all challenges perfectly and let it go, LOL!

I was supposed to win another stamp off of the Newton's Nook blog but they sent this one instead.  I had to mask the cat in order to have it with the stamp that I received. 


This is how it looked all masked with the sponging just finished. I had stamped the cat first and then the fall sign.


  • Newton's Nook - Newton's daydream and Signs of fall stamps, colored w/markers
  • Spellbinder - A2 Distressed edges die for frame
  • Distress Oxides - Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey for background

 
The next challenge was to use our little stamps. We were to ink the top portion of our card, stamp and cut some little images and then line them up across the top , adding a sentiment at the bottom.



I glued mine directly to the background.



  • Distress inks - Bundled Sage, cracked pistachio and mowed lawn
  • Crafts Beautiful magazine - American crafts, wild Flourish stamp set, colored w/markers
  • Tim Holtz - THMM113 sentiment stamp

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely cards -the Autumn colours are beautiful, definitely my favourite time of year coming up and I can never resist ladybirds and creepy crawlies so that one is a hit with me too!!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #8

Esther Asbury said...

Sounds like fun challenges. As long as you enjoy the process, does it matter if they're "perfect?" Love that sweet little autumn scene you created, and fun little bug card too!

Darlene said...

What a cool technique! Your cards are fabulous! WOW your group comes up with some fun, fun card ideas. Another awesome creation!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Connie! I love LOVE both your cards! I think Newton's Nook sent you a very cute stamp and your use of it with this technique is fabulous! I really love the design of your second card, too. It solves the dilemma of what to do with certain stamps and dies, and the possibilities are fairly endless. I love your ladybugs and the green.

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both beautiful, Connie xoxo

Kim said...

You certainly are kept on your toes with all your fabulous challenges, Connie. I think both of your cards are fabulous. The little kitty and ladybugs are sweet.

Debbie said...

these are so sweet connie, you sure do make gorgeous cards. i really like the sentiment on the ladybug card!!

JD/ Jill said...

Two very nicely done cards. It's been a while since I tried masking...MIne didn't go too well. Maybe you have inspired me to give it another try.
Thank you for the Anniversary wishes!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable colours on your card and that image is gorgeous...xx

Donna Phelan said...

Great techniques and really great cards! Love your 2nd one, so clean and simple. That first one I adore. Great colors, super cute images, love the frame, the sentiment and....well everything about it! Happy Fall!

Birgit said...

These are both great cards Connie, but I'm loving the first card with sweet Newton. Your masking and illustrated look came out fabulous!

R's Rue said...

Awesome.

Lisa said...

Wonderful sponging on both of these cards and super images you added to both of them. I love sponging cards to add a bit of color. It works so well for so many different cards.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great cards! Have a lovely week ahead.