Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Using Scraps

 I know it is the first day of Autumn but I have finished my Christmas cards for this month and the challenge in my group was to use pattern paper, well lets just say I have plenty.  How many of you save those half inch pieces off of your 6x6 paper packs when you are making your A2 size cards, come on admit it, LOL!  Well this was a good time to get rid of them.


I just cut out my trees from a white background, flipped the card over and started gluing the pieces to the backside. I even found a small brown piece to use as the trunk of the tree.  I popped out my glitter and gave the tree a gold star.

  • Recollections - Tree die

  • Spellbinders - Holiday Sentiment die w/ Paper Studio Glitter paper
  • Cardmaking and Papercraft - Frosty Christmas star die w/gold glitter

  • Recollections - Tree die
  • Hero Arts - Merry Christmas message stamp sentiment
  • Cardmaking and Papercraft - Frosty Christmas star die w/gold glitter


    • Recollections - snowflake die
    • Simon Says stamps - Tiny words Christmas sentiment stamp
    • Cardmaking and Papercraft - Frosty Christmas, mini snowflake dies

    • Recollections - Snowflake die
    • Hero Arts - Merry Christmas message sentiment stamp
    • Crafters Square - Pop up stickers
    Today we woke up to 55 degrees so it has quite the chill in the air, so it is starting to feel like Autumn is coming and Christmas will be here before we know it.

    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

    Connie

    13 comments:

    R's Rue said...

    So cute. I absolutely love it.

    April said...

    What a great way to use up those patterned paper strips! Your cards are so pretty.

    Beth Norman-Roberts said...

    Beautiful cards. You used very pretty scraps.

    Debbie said...

    such an excellent idea, with beautiful results!! i save all of my paper scraps in a big clear tub...it is filled to the top!!

    Donna Phelan said...

    Cool scrappy trees and great scrappy snowflakes! Yay YOU for finishing Xmas cards for this month. Nit me, you'll see me panic come December lol

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    Great use of scraps, Connie xoxo

    JD/ Jill said...

    These are all really cute and creative. I now have to go and take a second look at the scrap box...smile!

    aussie aNNie said...

    Great cards and brilliant designs here, the scrap box is surely of all use at all times.xxx

    Lowcarb team member said...

    I do like the Autumn, and we have been enjoying some nice sunny days.
    The grandchildren are telling me it's less than 100 days until Christmas!
    So your cards are very fitting.

    All the best Jan

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Sweet Christmas cards. Love!

    Leslie Miller said...

    Oh, yes, there are always plenty of scraps! You've combined these beautifully. I've never seen a snowflake done this way before. I love both cards!

    Lisa said...

    Oh my goodness what a fabulous use of left over scraps of papers and your cards are super cute. Now I want to go raid my scrap papers for some fun cards. Just have to find a big enough die cut for a card front. Genius!!!!

    Janice said...

    Great way to use leftover pieces of paper, super festive cards!