Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Unsupervised

 I got the idea for my first card from the internet but I guess I didn't save where I found it, and I so wanted to give the person credit.  I found another one that is close but not the original one I got the inspiration from.   I tore my piece of the background by holding up the cat to my background and getting s sense of how far to tear the pieces.  I stamped the cat onto patterned paper and did a little coloring with marker over it.  I also had to stamp the yarn too, both were fussy cut.  This went to a fellow cardmaker who has recently adopted two little kittens, I gave it to her for her birthday.


  • Tim Holtz - Snarky cats stamp set, THMM110, stamped on pattern paper and both yarn and cat fussy cut



My next card I was able to make the same day since the first card went so quickly, I thought this one would also but I ended up having to paint the brackets with 3 coats of paint to cover the chipboard, so that took a bit of time, the rest went quickly :)



  • BasicGrey - Chipboard Hardware w/ 3 coats of Jenni Bowlin - Lemon drops paint
  • Hot Off the press - Cardmakers Card Quotes - Definitions
  • Spellbinders - Labels one die
  • Papertrey ink - Hodge Podge paper
  • Gems

Wow we are half way through the week already, hope yours is going well.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

15 comments:

Debbie said...

hehehehe, i LOVE the humor in the first card and it all came together beautifully!! the "wish" card is a great idea, for any word, but i really like wish!!

i just said that about the day, it's 4:20, already!!

handmade by amalia said...

I love the card, so funny. Reminds me of my six year-year-old nephew who said to me the other day: you won't believe how strong I am, I broke ANOTHER thing.
Amalia
xo

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful fun card and the 'wish one
is exquisite card, great colours too. xx
[thanks for email, helps a lot and power in prayer...x]

Birgit said...

Two cute cards here Connie! The unsupervised kitty is so fun and reminds me of my naughty kitty, Crazy. Her real name is Daisy but we've nicknamed her "Crazy" because she's crazy naughty. ;0) Anyway, I love both cards!

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are really cute. I'm working on a cat card too right now. That cat that inspired it...probably did just what this cat is doing!

Leslie Miller said...

I love your cat! You've used him exactly perfectly and it's such a fun card! It's hard to say who to give credit to sometimes because there are so many awesome CASE's. The sentiment cracks me up! Your second card is really pretty! Love the paper and the bracketed quote. Very nice!

R's Rue said...

I really like it too.

April said...

Great cards! Love the cat card. I have that cat and he is fun to use.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice work on your two cards, Connie. I got a big laugh on your cat card. The sentiment is so perfect.

Darlene said...

Great job my friend! OMG that first card is too funny! Thanks for the chuckle!

Donna Phelan said...

That cat card.....lol Love the torn wallpaper! Pretty birthday card, love the yellow painted brackets....you know I adore dimension!

Lowcarb team member said...

Two great cards ... I especially like the cat one :)

All the best Jan

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Love the snarky cat! Perfect for your friend. Good for you, using that chipboard! I have so much unused chipboard. I like the way you used the brackets to frame your large sentiment.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great cards, Connie xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

The first card is my favorite,such fun!