Monday, September 13, 2021

Cute and Simple

 Well at least it started out simple, I was using a sticker image of a boy fishing for my great nephews card. I decided it would look better instead of just placing him on a white background to do a little inking of the background. Then I went looking for a little fish stamp I knew I had to make a border, and do you think I could find it, NO!!  So I decided to draw some fishes across the strip, color them with markers. Cut the strip with scissors to give the feel of water. Then I thought it needed something off to the side and went with this dragonfly, I stamped it first onto the pattern paper so I could have the flight trail behind him and then stamped again and colored it and fussy cut it out and glued on top of the one I stamped directly on the pattern paper. I added some sparkle to the wings and the trail. Fussy cut the stamp sentiment too.


  • Dimple Street Gang - Summer boys sticker, onto inked panel
  • Spellbinders - Lg. Deckled Rectangle die
  • Crate Paper - DIY shop paper
  • Hand drawn and colored border of fishes
  • Decorative Scallop scissors
  • Katie & co. - Dragonfly stamp, fussy cut and colored w/markers
  • Spectrum Clear sparkle pen on wings and flight trail
  • Bo Bunny - Sentiment stamp, fussy cut

I am sharing my card today with the Sisterhood of Crafters blog challenge Cute and Simple.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

16 comments:

April said...

This turned out really cute! I love your fish border and dragonfly. I know, sometimes it just seems that you need more on a card and you just keep going and going. I have done that so many times!

Esther Asbury said...

This is so darling! I love the little fishing boy, and the fish border you drew across the bottom is fantastic!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Utterly adorable xoxo

Darlene said...

OMG how ADORABLE Connie! Fabulous design! Certainly CUTE & SIMPLE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

Dang, Connie, your hand drawn fishy border is as cute as anything you could have stamped! I love the whole thing. The red DP suggests water, even though it's red. The dragonfly is perfect, too, because you always see those around the water. Such an adorable card for your great nephew!

Louca por porcelana said...

Just adorable!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So adorable! Kudos to you for drawing fish. This card is going to be a great hit.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulously cute image and post and love this result and colours. x
Thanks for joining in my them at The Sisterhood of Crafters too. ♥

Kim said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love that sweet little boy and those fish swimming across the page are fabulous!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh he is adorable....that face! Great little card! Love the background paper, sweet dragonfly and your fish border. So sweet!

Lia said...

So cute and so simple: you made a lovely card!
Lia DT TSOC

Debbie said...

this is so cute connie, what a great card!! i really like what ink does to the edges of paper, it adds such a wonderful element!!

that little fisherman is adorable!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Awww this is so cute, I do like it :)

All the best Jan

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I love this card so much! I think your fish border is even better than using a stamp. Happy Birthday to your great nephew!

-Soma

Lisa said...

Great sticker and wonderful card with it. The inked panel adds nicely to it.

Janice said...

Fabulous selection of cards, what would we do without Zoom!