Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Scraps make 4

 I had been saving these strips of paper thinking they may work for a background for a card some day, then on my cardmaking group the sketch this month to try had you using different strips on your card. In the sketch they aren't supposed to be this long but I liked the look of them being longer.  The backgrounds all came from my collection of scraps that were just big enough for a background that I have in a basket.

This first card is going to my brother who just had hip surgery yesterday, I would appreciate any prayers for good healing for him.


  • Studio G - Get well soon
  • Taylored Expressions - Fine Feathers die (used scraps here too)

  • Studio G - on my mind stamp, color w/markers
  • EK Success - Flower punch
  • Stickles - Broken China

  • Studio G - little note stamp, color w/markers
  • Buttons w/thread

  • Studio G - Happy Birthday stamp, color w/markers
  • Gemini - Birthday present die
  • Sequins
I only have a few strips left in my little box but none of them matched well enough to make a card, some of these I feel I was stretching it to make them work.  But hey I have more cards in my box of  extras that hardly ever have any cards in them, so I will be ready if I am down to the last minute :)

I am sharing my first card I made for my brother to the Double D Challenge which is Monochromatic

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Such a great idea, Connie! I always enjoy seeing what techniques you are using, and these are especially colorful. What a fantastic idea for monochromatic, masculine, or any-color-assortment styles! Thanks for the inspiration! hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are fantastic! I thought the first one was good, and a good combo of scrap papers, and then I saw how many you made! I like them all but I do especially like that Get Well soon stamp on the first one. Great job!

Kim said...

Hoping your brother heals with each new day. His Get Well card is lovely; as are the other cards you imagined. Love the variety of the strips of paper.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely designs Connie and gorgeous colours♥

Donna Phelan said...

Oh wow! They really jazz up a background, don't they? Love the prints and colors of each of them! I like how each is for a different type of card too! So many possibilities, these are great! Best wishes to your brother for a speedy recovery!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are great! Prayers for your brother xoxo

April said...

Great cards! I am working on a few scrap cards too. I am praying for healing for your brother.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, I LOVE your design. I must pin for future reference. Using all those patterned papers is GENIUS!!! Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the Mood Board. Thanks so much for playing along with us this time over at Double D. Hope we see you back again soon.
Judy~ DD DT

Diana Taylor said...

I love your cards - what a very creative and effective idea, and also a fab way to upcycle all those little offcuts from bigger projects. I love it and will definitely 'borrow' your idea if you don't object!

Diana xx

Darlene said...

Holy Moly ... these are all just AWESOME and what a fabulous design to use up scraps! Great idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Monochromatic’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Debbie said...

these all look great connie. this is such a great way to create beautiful cards and use up scraps!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love these cards with the paper strips. I have so many scrap paper strips and am alawys looking for ways to use them. I am feeling inspired to grab some paper strips for cards.

Esther Asbury said...

What a great way to use scraps! Love your paper strip backgrounds!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Awesome set of cards Connie! I love how the strips in the background coordinate with the shape of the candles in the last birthday card. You did a great job using up your patterned paper strips!

Louca por porcelana said...

Great job!