Monday, May 23, 2022

Christmas houses

 In my cardmaking group their challenge for this month was to use buildings on your card.  I went through and found a die cut with a house and then on my first card I used a card topper with a house, I just added some stickles to the house for snow and found a die that had a similar style as the house picture. The paper and the sentiment came in the same pack I also added the snowflake borders.


  • Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine (house image, paper and sentiment banner)
  • Spellbinders - Labels 18 die
  • Martha Stewart - Snow border punch
  • Stickles - Diamond for snow on house


This card uses 3 dies you layer to make your scene.  I sponged the backgrounds with inks.
  • Simply cards & papercraft magazine - Scenic Winter dies
  • Spellbinders - A2 matting basics A die
  • American crafts - Festive Merry Days sentiment banner
Now I am two cards ahead of what I wanted made so far :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Connie

14 comments:

R's Rue said...

So pretty my friend.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are so cute! I especially like how you did the border on the top and bottom for the first card! You are really cranking these Christmas cards out!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable cards. Hugs.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautifully coloured and a gorgeous cards.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Two very pretty cards. The top one really peaks my interest. Those colours all look so beautiful together. That blue on your DP looks great against the vanilla. The punch coordinates nicely with the paper too. Rock on Connie! Have a great day.

Donna Phelan said...

These are fantastic! 1st card: love the background Designer Paper, looks like a starry winter night. The edge dies are great and frame it out nicely! Of course the sweet house image and the layered dies make for a great focal point! And your Stickles do look like snow on the rooftop! 2nd card: Love the all white die cuts, the snowy hills, the kids creating a snowman and sledding and your little cottage. Both are wonderfully designed! Merry Merry!

Birgit said...

You are on a roll, Connie! These two cards are darling. I love the borders on the first card and that sweet winter house image. The silhouette of the children playing in the snow is just as sweet.

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card here Connie. Sorry I am so late returning comments too....health issues alas, Viv xx

Susan (rainy) said...

Two different styles and two beautiful cards. Love them both!

Chrissy said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards Connie, I love the white on white..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are beautiful xoxo

Darlene said...

Oh Connie, these are both just beautiful (sure glad I don't have to choose a favorite! lol). Awesome holiday inspiration! Remember, you are always welcome to add your holiday cards of our ATG Christmas challenge over on our PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE. Hope to see you there!

Kim said...

Both cards are beautiful!

Lisa said...

Two wonderful Christmas / wintery cards. I love the layered die cut you used for the house and the snow die cut border works great.

The second die cut card has a wonderful scene and I love that softness in the blue sky too.