Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Chickadee

 Can you tell I am on a bird kick :)  This time I added a flower with it.  I love this new layered bird die and I have also done a few that were not traditional chickadee colors, we will see if I end up using them. I cut him out with all white cardstock and then used markers to color the different layers. I tore the corner piece off and inked it to reveal some paper behind.


  • Simon Says stamps - Layered Chickadee die, colored w/markers
  • The Greetery - Wood slice die
  • Inkssentials - Enamel accents black for eye
  • Teresa Collins - Tell your story paper
  • Elizabeth Craft designs - Happy Birthday die
  • Gem to dot the i
  • Flower given to me from friend and I colored it with markers

I am adding todays card to the Simon Says Challenge which is anything goes, 
and Sisterhood of crafters Challenge April showers bring may flowers.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Yeah but that's one sweet chickadee! Love the wood slice and that big bold beautiful blossom! I feel like I am sitting in nature here! Love it!

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, this Chickadee looks so real! Perfection with the wood slice and the flower. So much pretty on your card. Sometimes I feel like my whole stamp and die collection is on a bird kick. Now I want to go look at this Chickadee, but I'm trying so hard to hold off. I say go for the nontraditional, too. It will be beautiful!

Darlene said...

OMG what a fabulous creation Connie! LOVE the wood 'slice' and your chickadee is PERFECT! Great job and wonderful design! YOU GO GIRL!!

April said...

This is so pretty! I love it.

aussie aNNie said...

Precious card love that chicadee and sheer gorgeousness xxx

Birgit said...

This is adorable, Connie! I adore that sweet chickadee die cut. You've colored it up just perfectly!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful bird and I love the wood slice and torn corner too!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super cute!

Chrissy said...

How beautiful Connie, I love the little Chickadee and have him out to play with this morning,,gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ina G said...

So pretty and creative. Thanks for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh the coloring on this bird is incredible. I love the corner flowers too. Beautifully designed card.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!