Thursday, May 19, 2022

Golden Christmas

 My stamping groups Christmas challenge this month is to use gold and or stencils on our cards.  I only used one stencil, I have only one themed Christmas stencil, I need to look through my everyday ones and see which would work for Christmas too.

I found these cute die cut stickers at Hobby Lobby, they have gold foil on them so they were perfect for this challenge. The gold glitter snowflakes and stars were given to me from a friend a few years back and I finally used them.


I am sharing today's card with Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge blog 

  • Paper Studio - Stick a bilities die cut sticker
  • Glitter stars and snowflakes from friend
  • Lawn Fawn - Outside in Stitches Scalloped rectangles die
This second one has so much foil on it that my camera (which is red) shined through the foil, very distracting, so I took a side shot too, you can still see a bit of the camera and my hand in that one too.


  • Paper Studio - Stick a bilities die cut sticker
  • Echo Park - Christmas wonderland Stencil with gold ink


  • The next two stamp sets came from cardmaking magazines, this first one I tried a light gold embossing powder and it didn't really show up all that well. I added a little bit of stickles to ground the house and the tree, which are different stamps. The corners are all from the same stamp set also, I stamped those in black.


    • Let's Make cards magazine - Stamp w/enchanted gold embossing powder, corner stamps with black ink
    • Anna Griffin - Christmas cardstock
    • Spellbinders - Floral Ovals die
    • stickles - Antique linen to ground the house and tree
    This last stamp of an angel also had a wand in it's hand, that didn't seem right to me so I swiped the ink off the wand part before heating my embossing powder, it still left a bit of a mark so that's where the sequins came in. The border embossing folder gave me some troubles when I tried to just add ink to the raised areas, even using a brayer didn't work so I just went with this one after doing a couple trying to get it right.  I used a darker gold embossing powder on this one and not sure I like this color much either.  I think it is time for some new embossing powders.


    • Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine - Angel and sentiment stamp - gold embossing powder, star embossing folder inked with gold, pattern paper for background
    • Spellbinders - Labels 4 die
    So far this year I have 25 cards made for Christmas :)

    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, 

    Connie

    9 comments:

    Birgit said...

    Wow, you've been one busy girl. These are all fabulous! You're so smart to make Christmas cards ahead of time. I seem to put it off every year and then I'm scrambling to buy them from the store because I've run short. You'd think I'd learn, but nope! Maybe this year....

    Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

    These are all so special, Connie. Love all the gold. So good to get a head start on Christmas. Time does seem to move faster and faster every year. Sending hugs xo K

    Donna Phelan said...

    You have done very well with this Challenge! These are all so gorgeous! Loving the gold whether in glitter or foil form, they are so shiny and sparkly, perfect for the Christmas Season. (I know I will kick myself when October approaches and I still do not have my Christmas cards started lol). Very pretty!

    Esther Asbury said...

    Wow!! You've got a great head start on Christmas with these lovely cards. I have to be honest, I'm one of those people who just can't get "in the mood" till much later in the year.

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Wonderful Christmas cards!

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    They are all gorgeous, Connie xoxo

    Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

    Oh my goodness! These are all so lovely. Those stickers really do pack a punch! And you have such variety even though they are all gold! Great job!

    Darlene said...

    WOW! Absolutely gorgeous creations my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    Chrissy said...

    Beautiful foiled cards Connie, I would love a foil machine,I love the snowman and hat, very clever..

    Luv CHRISSYxx