Thursday, October 19, 2023

Film strip

 I bought this film strip die and some others that came in the package thinking they would be good for my journal and then I thought wouldn't it be neat to use some of my stamps inside of it for cards, I took 3 different stamp sets and colored them and then put them through the die just where I wanted the portion of the image to show through the die and cut them out so they would fit perfectly inside the film strip. I totally love how this turned out, not all my cards turn out like I imagine they would be this one I was very happy with.


  • Elizabeth Craft designs - Planner filmstrip 1656 dies
  • ODBD - Quiet waters (deer) stamp  
  • Tim Holtz - THMM112 stamp set (mushrooms)
  • Hot off the press - Song birds stamp set
  • Spellbinders - Fall Foliage die set
  • Crate Paper - Party day paper


This took a little time stamping the different stamps and cutting them out separately, but I am thinking there may be some great pattern papers out there to cut up to that would make it a quicker card.  This film strip die also comes in a set of 6 holes I cut it down to 3 to fit on my card.

I would like to share this card today with the following challenges:

Retro Rubber Challenge anything goes stamps from 2009 and 2016
Four Season Challenge Anything goes

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Connie, this is so creative and absolutely awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Connie, such a great idea, I have just purchased a film strip die and hope mine comes out as good, love the cute images, looks really awesome..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Heather said...

Such a fun card! I think I need a die like this - what a great way to showcase multiple images! Love that background paper, too! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This turned out awesome Connie! I love how the film strip die - such a cool touch. And I love the vibrant colors you used on the stampings. ;)

MELODY JACOB said...

It is beautiful

Please read and comment on my new retirement article: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/retirement-dilemma-selling-your-home-for-care-costs.html

Thank you

Birgit said...

This turned out really sweet Connie! I've had a filmstrip die on my wish list for a while and I always hesitate. Do I really "need" it? I love how this looks, so may "yes"!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful

April said...

What a great idea! I love your card. Fun background too.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card love the fabulous colours here and that design is awesome with the film strip x♥

Lisa said...

Oh I love the idea of adding images to your filmstrip die cut. Great images you selected too. I have a filmstrip die cut but it is much larger than yours....I might need to find a smaller one.

Esther Asbury said...

What a great way to use that film strip die! Your card turned out beautifully!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a fun card, Connie xoxo

Donna Phelan said...

I. LOVE. THIS. And yay you used it lol Wouldn't they be perfect on a card for your Hubby! I have seen his fantastic photos on FB! Love the images you put on them too, looks like one of your fabulous outings!