Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Birdies

 I know this looks more like a spring card but to those that I send always fall themed cards every once in awhile I try to change it up and send them something unexpected.  I had found the paper first, cut it out and applied it to my card and let it dry while I cut the birds and colored them.  Once I got it all done I thought oh no the birds just blend in with the background, I thought to just add a die cut behind them but thought it took up too much of the paper, so I ended up adding a touch of ink to darken the area so the birds stood out more and I think it worked.


  • Tutti Designs - Birdies Trio die, colored w/markers
  • Crafter's Companion - Advent paper
  • Scalloped die - unknown
  • Tim Holtz - Small talk sentiment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

April said...

Your card is so pretty! I like the inked area. It does help the birds show up. Great idea!

Debbie said...

it is especially bright and BEAUTIFUL...with 3 goldfinches frolicaking, what could be better. i adore all of the pretty colors!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Connie, love the sweet birds and they do pop out more now from those very pretty papers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Phelan said...

So pretty! Beautiful scallop frame border die and that TD birds and vine die looks fabulous. Birds can be sent in the Fall lol Lovely!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Very pretty, Connie! Love the yellow birds - so cheery and happy! xx K

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I have sure loved every bird card I've seen you do. Always a lovely theme and I love the bright pretty colors. :)

Birgit said...

Such a sweet card! Great idea adding ink to the background to make these darling birds shine. What beautiful paper you used too!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So so sweet! xoxo

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

Such a beautiful card. Looks so good.

Lisa said...

Great die cut and terrific coloring of it too. I love the wonderful paper on this card.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, this is super cute! I have this die and haven't used it enough. Now I feel all inspired. I keep getting ideas, but there's still not enough time. It will all straighten itself out in due time. Enjoying my visit today, Connie!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I forgot the most important thing in my last comment. Happy Anniversary!! You are just full of techniques on your cards. Blending brown behind the birds was a clever way to make your cute birds pop.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the colours here, a good looking card.

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Sweet card.