Saturday, October 7, 2023

Sympathy

 One of the girls in my cardmaking group lost her Dad, I know I should have cards on hand for these times but I just don't. I had no idea what I wanted to do so when that happens I first try to look through what I have and see if anything comes to mind, and I decided to look through the items from past years Advent calendars through Crafters companion and I found the stamp and die set from one years and this embossing folder from another and thought I could combine them for this card.  I went with a dictionary page that I inked for the background.

  


  • Crafter's Companion Advent Calendar - 2021 & 2022 - Dragonfly stamp & dies, Wood embossing folder
  • Dictionary page - Torn and inked
  • Taylored Expressions - Care & Comfort II sentiment stamp
  • Spectrum noir - Clear Sparkle pen on wings


I am sharing today's card with the Simply Clean & Simple Chanllenge

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and hope you have a great Holiday weekend!

Connie

15 comments:

R's Rue said...

Well done.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Hena Tayeb said...

So sorry for her loss. You did a lovely job.

Louca por porcelana said...

So sorry... Your card is just adorable...

Diane said...

A beautiful card, just perfect for your friend's loss!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane SCAS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}

Donna Ellis said...

There is something soulful about dragonflies and damselflies, Connie, making them the loveliest of elements for a pretty sympathy card. I’m sure your friend appreciated your sentiment. xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Connie, love the Dragonfly and muted natural colours and a fabulous design..

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Phelan said...

It is lovely! I like the distressed page and that woodgrain piece. The sweet little dragonfly is perfect, people relate them to their loved ones who have gone to the great beyond. I never have them on hand either, I like to create for that particular person or family. Lovely.

Birgit said...

This is lovely Connie. It's hard to make these types of cards up anyway, when you need one or not. I'm sure you friend will be touched by your kindness.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Connie. I'm sure it will bring comfort xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You are so thoughtful Connie -and I love the sentiment on this card. It's truly comforting. 💕

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Sad occasion, but a very unique card perfect for sympathy. Your torn dictionary page is very unique. I like to do that in my junk journal. The sentiment you stamped looks great in the bare corner.

Lowcarb team member said...

I am so sorry for her loss.
This is a very nice sympathy card.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

I love the dictionary page in the background, it complements the images perfectly.

Lisa said...

This is a very lovely sympathy card. I try to have them on hand too but alas I have gone to my stash and had none as well. You did great looking for inspiration to create this one.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT