Friday, October 27, 2023

Our Home to yours

 I have been gone once again, this time hubby and I went away to celebrate our Anniversary, I was able to check out the blogs a few times while gone so I am not to far behind this time :)

Just before we left I had finished my Christmas cards for the month of October. In my cardmaking group the challenge was to use buildings on your cards, and my stamp group was to use red, green, yellow or gold or have a Sentiment as your focal of the card, so this is what I came up with.

This first one I had seen This image from Lost in Paper blog, sorry the link I have doesn't go to her blog and I can't find it on there either, but I thought that is a cute idea and I have that stamp set, I had it all colored up and realized, I don't have the die to cut the globe, now what, so I ended up cutting another piece, scored the back so that it would open up which you can see in the second picture, luckily it was a pretty easy shape to cut.


  • Penny Black - Cozy nights stamp set, fussy cut and colored w/markers
  • White gel pen for snow in background 
  • Stickles - Crystal for snow on door and font of house

This little guy was just too cute and I liked the sentiment to go with him



  • Hunkydory - Warmest Wishes, image, sentiment and background paper
  • PPD - Scalloped Snowflake Frames die

  • Papercraft Magazine - Papers, House image
  • K&co. - Smitten paper ribbon
  • Stickles - Diamond for snow on house
I watercolored  this next image.


  • Taylored Expressions - Watercolor Panels Christmas, colored w/Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and Aqua markers
  • Crafters Companion - Shimmering Snowflake die
  • Stickles - Diamond (snow)
This last one I forgot to write down but the stamps are from another cardmaking magazine, and I heat embossed with white embossing powder and cut it out with the Spellbinders A2 Deckled rectangle dies.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, Hope you enjoy a fun weekend!

Connie

11 comments:

April Williams said...

All of your cards are wonderful! Great job on all of them. I hope you enjoyed your trip and saw some pretty leaf color.

Donna Phelan said...

Wow! What a beautiful array of Christmas cards, they are fabulous! Loving the snow globe and that pink snowflake one too....well I do love them all. Well done! Happy Anniversary!

Lisa said...

The snow globe card is really cute. Great coloring too. Love all the wonderful papers on the next three cards. I particularly love the last card. The blue and white is always eye catching to me and I love that the image is uncolored. I struggle with leaving images uncolored but it looks great done in blue and white. Brilliant!

Birgit said...

My goodness Connie, you've been busy. These are all delightful! I love how they are all themed on "home" with that darling penguin tucked in as a sweet surprise. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous cards, Connie! You are very creative to have fashioned your own snow globe card. I love them all!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful collection of cards Connie, lovely assortment of colours and cuteness and fabulous designs..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

These are beautiful love the designs, and the fabulous colours ♥

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your snow globe is so adorable. Loving the rustic feel. Your blue and red are a favourite colour combination of mine. Well done. The penguin card is just too cute. Another rustic feel (which I love). Then I look at a beautiful pastel beauty. Colours are so serene and relaxing. Beautiful. This next image is something I would buy. The font is striking in the green and the bright house really stands out. Another fun card in white and blue.

Lowcarb team member said...

A wonderful collection of Christmas Cards.

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful cards.

Debbie said...

what a great group of christmas cards connie, each one so unique and really beautiful!!