Friday, January 26, 2024

Stained Glass window

 I have been seeing a few cards here lately sharing arched window cards, Esther has done quite a few of them lately just need to scroll through her blog.  I have 3 different kinds and I picked the most ornate one to use on my card today. I added a piece of flowery paper behind it and then vellum on top of that to give it more of a stained glass look.


  • Poppystamps - Gothic Stained Glass die, Advent Calendar Flowers, sentiment stamps and Foliage stencils
  • Tim Holtz - Feathered Friends die
  • P13 - Secret Garden paper
  • flower pattern paper behind vellum in window

I would like to share my card with the Triple B Challenge.

My next card is for a recycle challenge, I used a tissue box for my background. The flower I added is a punch, to give it more dimension I used a stylus on a foam mat to put the details in the flower. Added some stickles to the center.


  • Tissue Box - Background
  • McGill - Dogwood punch, added score marks with stylus
  • All night media - little flower punch
  • Stickles - Eucalyptus 
  • Die Versions - Celebrate die

I would like to share my card with the Simon Says Monday challenge Recycle

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous cards Connie, I love the bird and stained glass window, so beautiful, and the punched flower matches so well with the tissue box flowers, so striking and gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mrs A. said...

Two lovely cards. Especially like the first one with the birdie. Hugs Mrs a.

Lowcarb team member said...

Two very nice cards Connie.

All the best Jan

Birgit said...

Two beauties here Connie! Your stained glass window is so pretty with the color from the flowers peeking out from behind and that beautifully layered bird. How clever to use a tissue box for the background on your second card. The die cut flower looks like it was made for that. Two gorgeous cards!!

Lisa said...

That is a fantastic window die cut. I could see adding color to the back of velum to get a stained glass effect too...oh my, my creativity is going looking at that card....I might need to see if I have an arched window die cut.

I really love that stunning 2nd card. The paper and that simple flower brings that paper to life. That is a really stunning effect.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Brilliant ๐Ÿ‘ job on both cards Connie, your photography, too is first rate to capture them beautifully too. That tissue box is a card on its own isn't it?
Prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz. X ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how pretty your window card is! I love it with the bird. I'm admiring that printed wood grain paper, too. I will have to pay more attention to tissue boxes after seeing your second card. How beautiful! The punched dogwood flower matches perfectly. I was surprised to read it's a punch because your score lines make it look more like a die. Brilliant, Connie!

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing and what a gorgeous card this is with this lovely design and colours ♥

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this stained glass widow. It is beautiful.

Louca por porcelana said...

Sooo cute and beautiful.

Diane said...

Both are beautifully created cards!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are beautiful xoxo

Debbie said...

both are so pretty!! i like the warmth in the stained glass colors, and of course the bird is lovely!! the other reminds me of visiting the cherry blossoms in washington, because of the colors. i adore dogwoods though!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Using the tissue box as a backdrop is so clever and it's so pretty! :) But that stained glass one has my heart. That is so cool how you made it look like glass. Gorgeous!! ❤️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’—

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely! And so creative using the tissue box!

Esther Asbury said...

WOW!! Two gorgeous cards - I love them both! I especially love how you put dp behind your window and added vellum. I'm going to have to try that - thanks for the inspiration!