Friday, January 19, 2024

Lattice card

 Do you remember THIS CARD I made last month, well that was my second attempt, I had used lighter cardstock on my first attempt and it was just not standing up nicely, so I put it aside, well I went back to it and wondered if I reinforced the middle would that help?  It did a little so I decided to cut enough pieces to put on the back of each of those split rails and see if that helped and that did the trick, so I went ahead on embellishing the rest of the card, I actually love the way it turned out, so case in point to not give up on those cards that were at first bombs.


  • P 13 - Secret Garden papers and sentiment
  • Tim Holtz - Wildflower Stems #1 die
  • Distress inks - Gathered Twigs, Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Fossilized Amber and Dusty Concord

I would like to share my card today with the Triple B Challenge 


We had two days above freezing and now we are back into the teens during the day and single digits at night.  Update on hubby this morning he woke up saying he feels much better, still sounds congested though, he has lost a lot of his hearing so he will call the doctor on Monday if it is still that way and the coughing isn't as frequent. Luckily I am still doing ok :)

Hope you all have a great weekend,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

13 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Connie, love those flowers and I have had to use reinforcement on cards sometimes, my rockers tend to lean on one side and have to add a tiny weight on one side to steady it..hope it is not covid and you take care too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Kim said...

Your persistence has resulted in a beautiful card, Connie! Everything about this card is lovely. The lattice, the pretty coloured flower, the background, the sweet sentiment.....just so lovely. It sounds very chilly there. Hoping your husband is feeling better soon.

aussie aNNie said...

Creativity and beauty all in one show.. Great design ♥

Lisa said...

This is a very lovely card. I want to try this card front. it is on my list of things to try. The flower accent is perfect for it too.

Darlene said...

LOVE this ... absolutely beautiful!!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Totally agree Connie, often say you mustn't stop too soon. I love this card beautiful. Praying God's blessing on you over there.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well for 2024!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Leslie Miller said...

Gee, Connie, I loved last month's card, too, but I understand about the need for reinforcement. This one is just as pretty and now it's more sturdy, too! I sure hope your hubby's hearing comes back all the way. Maybe his head is plugged with the congestion. Stay cozy in those cold outside temps!

Donna Phelan said...

Totally LOVE this creation! The Lattice f=gives such a nice backdrop for your pretty posie! This may sound weird, but those stems look amazing lol Cheers to warmer temps!

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done cad with this technique. I had the same problem with the first card I made. I made a second one and reinforced the rails on the lattice. Makes you feel like your a "builder!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty. Your persistence paid off!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card. Hugs.

Debbie said...

oooooh this card is gorgeous and my color!! are temperatures are very warm and we have been getting a lot of rain since the little bit of snow we got!! i hope your husband continues to feel better!!

Esther Asbury said...

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." LOL
Both cards in this design are beautiful! I love the split rail background.