Monday, January 1, 2024

Good Cheer

 I was a couple cards low this year so I made a couple more using a stamp and die set from one of my cardmaking magazine goodies.

This first one it had a log stamp in it and in one of the examples in the magazine it showed stamping a bunch of them to make a fence, so I had to give that idea a try :) I stamped a branch a few times in the corner and stamped a couple pinecones too. The bird is a die cut and I just tore some paper for the snow on the fence.



  • Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine- Have a holly jolly Christmas, stamps and dies
  • Torn edge for snow, Inking of background


This next one I used the branch stamp again for the left side and then a single branch stamp for the right side stamped twice to make a swag added the pinecone and bow dies to finish it off. I used a pattern paper for the bird this time.


  • Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine- Have a holly jolly Christmas, stamps and dies
  • Tim Holtz - Rose Washi tape (silver)


    Happy New year to you all, wishing you a wonderful year ahead filled with so much Joy!!

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Connie

    17 comments:

    Kim said...

    Two stunning cards, Connie. The birdies are sweet and I love fern-like leaves teamed with the pine cones. Both cards put a smile in my day. Wishing you a joy-filled New Year, dear Connie. May it be a year filled with beautiful cards imagined by you. Xx

    Hena Tayeb said...

    Beautiful.. especially the leaf detail.

    handmade by amalia said...

    Beautiful cards! Wishing you and yours all the best for this new year, dear Connie, hope it's a good one!
    Amalia
    xo

    Esther Asbury said...

    I love bird cards and yours are so sweet!

    Birgit said...

    Adorable cards, Connie! The pine cones and sprigs add the perfect natural element for these tiny birds. Happy New Year to you!

    April Williams said...

    These are beautiful! I have a set from Crafts Beautiful that has a log and a bird in it too! I have not used mine yet. I need to get it out and use it since I have seen yours.

    Chrissy said...

    Gorgeous cards Connie, love the sweet bird standing in the snow on top of the fence and love the branches and cones..fabulous stamping.


    luv CHRISSYxx

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    They are beautiful xoxo

    Leslie Miller said...

    These worked out so beautifully using your magazine goodies! Good to get an early start on next year. I'm absolutely going to pay more heed to that this year.

    JD/ Jill said...

    Pretty cards!

    Yes, I do a lot of reading. But sometimes I think I should be making more cards instead.

    Donna Phelan said...

    Oh how sweet are those birds, love them! The pine boughs and pinecones look FAB! Love that one with the snowy fence line too! Happy New Year!

    Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

    I love this card, Connie! Lots of creative thought, the fence is darling! Wishing you a very blessed New Year!

    wannabcre8tive said...

    A beautiful card. I love those wispy greenery on the tree branches.

    Debbie said...

    2 different cards right?? both are so pretty!! it is nice to have an example as inspiration, when i scrapbooked that was part of my problem, inspiration!! i really like the greenery on the top of both!!

    Lowcarb team member said...

    They are lovely looking cards.

    All the best Jan

    Lisa said...

    That is a great layout to use on both cards. I find that I get my Christmas cards done and mailed and I am still inspired to make more after mine are mailed because there is so much inspiration during the season. It helps me get a head start for the next year.

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Beautiful! Happy New Year!