Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Challenge day

 On New Year Day my cardmaking group had Challenges every 3 hours to make a card with a theme a volunteer came up with for the group to try.  I had the second time slot of the day and my challenge to the group was to make a card using stickers. I was going through my stuff and trying to organize better and realized I had bought quite a few stickers at the dollar store over the year and thought I could challenge myself and the others to get out those stickers and use them on a card.

This card uses two sets of stickers from the dollar store, one is a thick dimensional flower and the others are all in gold.  The sentiment is also a sticker from a book I bought at Michaels last year.


  • Crafter's Square - Metallic flowers and gold leaves stickers (dollar store)
  • Recollections - Sticker book for sentiment
  • Our Daily Bread designs - Quarterefoil  die for background

This second card challenge was to make a New Years card, I went with using some dies and stamps from my Crafter's companion 2023 Advent calendar.


  • Crafter's companion 2023 Advent calendar - Banner, Balloons dies and string stamp
  • Stamps of Life - postmarks2stamp sentiment
  • Gems

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, hope you are having a good start to your New Year!

Connie

16 comments:

Sandi said...

I like how your snowman is praising the Lord.

Chrissy said...

I love the pretty stickers and the fact there is no white edge is a bonus Connie, love the lace background and down to the ballons and gems, fabulous cards..

Luv CHRISSYxx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy 2024 to you dear Connie! Love both of these so much. I always have so many scrapbooking stickers around too. :) I was catching up on all of your posts and I think my favorite card I missed during the holidays was the new home one. That is darling! Blessings to you for health, peace and joy in the new year. 💜

JD/ Jill said...

Two great cards, Connie!

I had a whole drawer of stickers...some had been around for a long time.
Then a dear friend of mine mentioned that her daughter-in-law is home schooling her children and she always looking for things Like
alphabet stickers, etc.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that flower is so beautiful and elegant I can hardly believe it's a sticker. Really gorgeous and perfect background you created for it, too. Of course, there had to be a card to celebrate the new year as well, and your card with the fancy balloons sure does look like a celebration!

aussie aNNie said...

Creative and so much beauty in these designs, love seeing what you make xx

Debbie said...

beautiful cards connie, you always do so well on these challenges. and you also do very well at the dollar store!!

Birgit said...

Two beauties here Connie! That sticker is beautiful and it looks so pretty and elegant on that card. I never find stickers like that at my dollar store. The balloons are definitely fun and festive.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

WOW ... love that first card ... just stunning!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just love your first card Connie. I don't see such things here our dollar stores are not crafty like yours. I know from my visit to Florida. I was amazed what you had. I love that ODB background die.
Since they stopped their blog I never see their items anymore so no idea what they have.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well for 2024!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lowcarb team member said...

Two great looking cards.
I hope 2024 has started well for you.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

FUN Challenges! I better look more closely at my Dollar Store, that rose sticker is gorgeous especially with the gold outline. Love that pretty background as well! The 2nd card is a great celebration! The balloons and banners make it a real party!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are so pretty! Love how the first pops against the background xoxo

Lisa said...

Wow that sticker card is incredibly gorgeous. I have stickers to get used up but my tote is still full of stuff to use up so I am holding off on starting to use the stickers until I can use up the rest of the tote. I love the die cut papers on the second card.

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous cards!