Friday, January 12, 2024

Stencil Christmas

 This was a layered stencil in the Spellbinders Advent Calendar 2023. My first time using a layered stencil so I thought I would try it out first on some pattern paper scrap I had.  I ended up liking it so I stamped a sentiment in the center.  I first did the branch then the leaves and finished off with the berries, using my distress inks and a finger dauber to apply the ink..


  • Spellbinders - Advent Calendar 2023 Stencil
  • Distress inks - lumberjack plaid, Forest Moss, Gathered Twigs
  • Diamond Press - Happy Holidays sentiment stamp
Then I tried another on just plain cardstock, added a bow to the center and a diecut sticker. It is a gold sticker but you can see my red point and shot camera in the reflection.


  • Spellbinders - Advent calendar 2023 Stencil
  • Distress inks - lumberjack plaid, Forest Moss, Gathered Twigs
  • Crafters Companion - 2023 Advent calendar - Bow Die
  • Paper Studio - Stick a bilities Peace bell sticker die cut
  • Hot off the press - Thin line dazzles
I am sharing my card with the Peace on Earth Challenge 

I have decided to do 6 a month this year so I have 4 more to go.

Connie

15 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Connie, I love the stenciling on the patterned paper and gorgeous bell,so pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mrs A. said...

Your stenciling is ace. Superv colour combinations. Love them both. Hugs Mrs a.

Kim said...

So, so pretty, Connie. You are certainly keen......thinking about next Christmas already. =)

Darlene said...

Oh Connie ... these cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Louca por porcelana said...

Stunning cards!

Birgit said...

Gorgeous, Connie! What a pretty stencil. I love how you used it to frame the sentiment on the first card. The second card is equally as impressive with that love foiled bell. Two really pretty cards!!

Lisa said...

What a great stencil and I love that you used it on a DP first. That turned out great.

Donna Phelan said...

Very pretty stencil, makes for a lovely Holiday Bough! Doubling it makes a very pretty frame and the bell on your 2nd card looks so festive!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, what a pretty stencil and two lovely cards! The framing of the sentiment on the first is gorgeous, but I also like the added bow and bell on the second card. Way to get your Christmas cards done!

JD/ Jill said...

You did a wonderful job using the stencils. I haven't done many cards using stencils. (Other when I used metal stencils and embossing paste) I want to try again using stencils with my with my distress inks.

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both beautiful, Connie xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

They both look so nice, I especially like the bell on your second card.

All the best Jan

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT

Esther Asbury said...

WoW!! Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the stencil both ways - on designer paper and plain.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are the perfect use of that stencil. I had so much trouble with the stencil a couple days ago but I finally got something that didn’t smudge.