Friday, January 5, 2024

Botanical

 I am sharing a couple more cards from our challenge day in my cardmaking group.

This first one was for a botanical challenge. I needed a get well card for a couple that both had surgeries just before Christmas.


  • Impression Obsession - Camellia Japonica stamp colored w/markers
  • Pinkfresh - Classic Edgers die
  • My sentiments exactly - Thinking of you sentiment stamp
  • Starform - Transparent glitter/gold stickers

This next one we were to do a one layer card, I chose a stencil to use. The holes on the flower centers were so small I was having such a hard time getting any ink through them even with my little daubers, so I took my fine line sharpie marker and filled in all those tiny holes with that.



  • Fun Stampers Journey - Flower power stencil
  • Stampendous - SSC1158 2012, sentiment stamp
I would like to share my card with the Stencil Fun Challenge

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely cards! And I know that you know how much I like PINK!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Connie, love the pink flower and leaves and the placing of the gems, and your stenciling card is delicate and pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kim said...

Flowers always bring cheeriness to one's day. Sweet cards, dear Connie.

Lisa said...

These are really beautiful. I love the layout on the first card and the softness of the colors too. Happy New Year and blessings to you and your family. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and all your wonderful comments over the last year. I truly appreciate you taking the time.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ah ha!!! I can finally leave you comments on my phone! I simply clicked view on webste and whale!!!! I'm so happy to be reconnected.

Your cards have all been lovely. My happy moment when I visit.

Diane said...

Both are very beautiful!! I bet those tiny holes were tricky but a great save!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

April Williams said...

These are so pretty! Great idea to use your Sharpie to color in the holes.

Leslie Miller said...

Just say "botanical" and I'm there. A beautiful IO stamp colored prettily and designed with style on your card. Cute stenciled flowers for your second card. Stencils really are perfect for one layer cards. Good idea to use your Sharpie for those tiny dots. Fun to see these, Connie!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful cards!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both so pretty, Connie xoxo

Birgit said...

These florals are gorgeous, Connie! I love the diamond shape on the first card and your coloring is stunning. The stenciled flowers on the second card is daring too!

Lowcarb team member said...

'Sending cheerful thoughts your way' lovely words.

Two nice cards.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

both are beautiful cards but the second is exceptional!! i really like the way the you wrote the sentiment on the card...that was a stand out for me!!