Thursday, August 22, 2024

You go Girl

 My great niece and a girl from church our both starting their year in a new high school, and I know what a hard thing that was for our daughter when we moved here when she was in high school, so I sent them both a card of encouragement.


  • Susan Branch - Exercise Stickers
  • Frame, corners and heart stickers are from 20 years ago when I started cardmaking, unknown


There are all kinds of things that I have almost given away thinking I will never use them but I hung on to them anyway, and all the stickers I used in these cards were some of those things, you just never know what will come up that you can use something, that is why my craft room is bursting at the seams.


  • Susan Branch - Exercise Stickers
  • Frame, corners and flower stickers are from 20 years ago when I started cardmaking, unknown
  • Tim Holtz - Tiny Text Remnant rubs for sentiment

I would like to share my cards today with the Sisterhood of Crafters Kards for kids challenge


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

11 comments:

Debbie said...

you are so thoughtful connie and both of the cards are adorable!! i often find the same thing about everything...i don't need it or can't use it until i throw it away!!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm big on purging, but there have been times I wish I'd kept something. These cute cards are perfect for their purpose!

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous cards Connie and I still hang onto stickers and things like that, I really mean to toss them but like you, all of a sudden, they are there for me..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

What a fun pair of encouragement cards for those difficult days of teens having to adjust to new surroundings. I love the corner stickers and fun images and tiny hearts. Everything old is new again somehow and it's a good thing you hung onto these useful items!

Esther Asbury said...

How thoughtful of you to send them a card of encouragement. I'm sure it brightened their day.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What sweet cards. 💗 The stickers are adorable!! But I do love Susan Branch anything. Lol Blessings on your weekend ahead. xo

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such sweet cards, Connie xoxo

April Williams said...

These are so cute and perfect for these girls!

Lisa said...

Great cards for your niece and the girl at church to wish them luck in high school. I am sure these were very appreciated.

Donna Phelan said...

Very clever and very thoughtful. These encouragement cards will mean the world to them! Good luck to them both, I'm sure they will settle in nicely!

Darlene said...

OMG what cool cards ... perfect! I have a ton of stickers from my scrapbooking days and they do come in handle for card making from time to time too! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple BWord Power, Love Those Pretty Papers